Lumia not "seeing" any Bluetooth devices.

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Hoping one of the great Windows 10 Mobile experts out there can help.

My Lumia 640 isn't "seeing" any Bluetooth devices anymore. From Settings>Bluetooth Status is turned on but all I see is "Searching..."

I know it's the Lumia 640 because my Lumia 950 sees the nearby Bluetooth devices. Even my backup Lumia 640 does, too.

I've restarted the Lumia 640 a few times, removed the battery and replaced -- but still nothing.

Any suggestions on how to get my beloved Lumia 640 to play nice with Bluetooth again?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If its not hardware related, try a soft reset. If that doesn't help do a hard reset or use WDRT. Those last two will require either restoring a save of the phone (make sure you have a save) or customizing from scratch and manually reinstalling apps.

Be aware that some functioning apps may no longer be available for reinstalling via restore or otherwise. I would check on that before doing a hard reset or use WDRT.

Also might be worth a shot is to try a borrowed SIM just long enough to see if Bluetooth comes back. My wife had an L640 that suddenly couldn't use data. After trying everything I (and the carrier) could think of, I decided to replace the phone. The replacement took a smaller size SIM so I bought a multi-size SIM (where you can punch out the two smallest sizes from a larger one). I don't know why, but before punching out the nano, I stuck the new SIM in the L640 and suddenly data worked again.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
thanks! Tried a soft rest - and still - Bluetooth doesn't see any Bluetooth devices.
Try a different SIM. Extremely long shot, but a hard reset is a LOT more work. If neither fix the Bluetooth, I'm afraid its gone for good since a 640 at this time is worth less than a repair place would charge to find and replace the hardware that failed.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Is a hard reset out of the question? It would be a good way to see if it is hardware or software related.
You should definitely try that if other, easier, steps don't fix it. But if its really a hardware problem, everything you do will fail.

Its just time consuming to do a hard reset because even if you have a restore, you still have to re-enter all your passwords, network ids, blue-tooth pairings, etc.. For some that can take hours.

After a hard reset or using WDRT you have to do everything you do with a brand new phone before you can use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb