Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Build 10536 how do you like it?

Negative? What's wrong with having a revamp?

Well, my take is it’s another wrench being thrown into the mix in the already struggling WP market, it is an added cause of uncertainty as to where WP is heading, until W10M comes to fruition and proves itself you’ll see many electing to wait on the sidelines rather than investing, the negative I speak of.

Just look back at the history and see what began to transpire in early 2014 (drop in market shares for one), a lot has happened since then but I view many of them as strikes against WP, the Nokia acquisition did nothing to help either, out of it we ended up with many mid-range/budget phones. There hasn’t been a premium device since late-2013 and I strongly agree this has done little for the betterment of WP, it’s already been proven the “low-end” will be left out in the cold in regards to certain features.

So what does the future hold with the advent of W10M and the newly to-be announced phones, will it as a whole spark enough interest that developers will flock to create new apps, will carriers in my part of the world offer those devices along with colour choices (if available), will top phone accessory manufactures begin offering premium cases for said devices. As it stands now everything I mentioned has been dismal here in Canada and I see nothing that’ll change it in the short-term, from my perspective, we’ve already lost close to 2 years of progressing in the mobile phone market which equates to much more in the techno world.

Last edited:

DaxeTM

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site

You are using an L920 ... what more do you expect!! ... This OS is not designed for the older hardware. I have a L920 and a L1520 and there is no comparison ... Agreed that the OS is buggy, but come on its not released yet. You are complaining that Apple puts out perfect OS's but try and put IOS9 on an iPhone3G and see how it behaves ... wont be pretty. Microsoft has released preview builds for a reason, get feedback on how you want the product to be, Apple and Android does not do this... If you are going to complain about preview builds, don't download them and wait for the RTM, if you don't like it then, then you can start complaining.

1. What more do I expect?! Really?! Who said that EVERY SINGLE device running WP 8.1 was going to be supported with a W10M version?!
2. Even though a L920 is an old phone, it still is a very powerful phone for a dual-core and a 1GB RAM.
3. The Lumia 1520 is considered old for many, it even came with WP 8! The difference between that and the L920 is just that the L1520 is a way more powerful flagship than L920!
4. It's not possible to put iOS 9 on a 3G.
5. There's no such thing as a perfect OS.
6. I am using these builds to HELP Microsoft OPTIMIZE PERFORMANCE, and make them see what features the public needs (I've been hearing feedback from my friends who are not willing to install these previews) and what I am actually seeing is that they don't even care if the build is actually okay or not to run on a device, I mean, obviously there is something written in the Terms & Conditions of the Insider Program that states that it could harm our devices, but I am no technician, so, I am helping Microsoft but they won't do whatever they can do in order for us to be safe with our devices? Nice trade...
7. To be honest, I don't really see the point for a preview program since it is only slowing down things and they are listening to little of what we're saying.
8. I don't think you should really tell me if I should or not download these builds, if I am willing to support Microsoft, then I SHOULD download these builds, as much as Microsoft SHOULD fix their serious issues!
9. I am only complaining because we're really close to the release and W10M is having terrible performance issues, wether it is in games or the core experience, it feels buggy, incomplete and overall the UI still needs adjustments and WP was famous for being the most optimized OS that could run on very low hardware without lags, all these problems are to be fixed in a matter of weeks when they had a whole year to do this, and they actually said they were going to focus on W10M after the W10 Desktop release, what have we seen? More desktop releases than Mobile ones. What's that? Oh, W10 Desktop version can be updated trough Windows Update? Great! And it still felt incomplete before the release, not only that but even if the desktop version is the priority because of it's value on the market, how are they supposed to try and sell an OS if they don't even care enough with their system?!

I think you guys are being fooled by Microsoft, but we'll see how it goes. I've been a fan of WP since 2013 and I always stood for WP saying it was the best OS and that it would be so much better, but after seeing what Microsoft is doing, I'm losing a lot of faith.
By the way... Microsoft seems to have just one team working on both OS'es, I am actually curious to know how many people is that, because they fired 7500 people, or around that number from the OSG team, right? Whatever...

Now don't take me wrong guys, I am on Windows Phone because I don't believe an iPhone should be that expensive and I don't believe that Android is a good operating system, but I am running out of options here and I know that I am not the only one in this position. However, I am praying for Microsoft to release W10M final build with lots and lots and lots of improvements in relation to these builds, even though I don't know anymore... Whenever I think that a simple thing like a pinch to zoom function in the photos app that was asked to be fixed months ago is still to be fixed I get tired.
But that's just me, believe in whatever you want. All I know is that some of my friends with other OS's mock me because of the misery that W10M is right now, I'm still dreaming the day I am going to school and I'm going to show my friend (which has an iPhone 5C) that my phone was cheaper than his and can do better than his, because I believe it can, Microsoft is just the problem here with their coding...

Webmaster2015

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

Windows 10 Mobile Build 10536:

Much better than 10166 on my Lumia 635. Here's what I noticed:
Most of the bugs I encountered on 10166 have been removed (including the one with not being able to set lock screen notifications).
Is much more stable. I don't see as many app crashes (Microsoft Edge hasn't changed, though)
Ringtones have to be put in .m4r format (just convert it to .m4a and then rename the file extension to .m4r)
Office Apps are called "Preview" in the store but just display their names minus the "Preview" in the app list.
Messaging app tile stops working after the app is updated. Needs to be repinned.

After the Fast Configuration update, the animations became more smoother, and the OS became slightly faster.
That's my review.

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Is there a way to change the glance screen settings in this build after hard reset? SystemAppPusher does not work and the app is not in store any more.

Matteo X

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Why can't you guys understand that google and apple already had all their features planned out. Microsoft are letting us give them ideas for features to implement while they are still making the OS. Apple and android were in this state too but no one gets too see that. You just see the final or close to final product. Google and apple give you betas but Microsoft is giving you an alpha. Something that the public almost never have access to.

I don't doubt that. My concerns relate to the resources they devotes to Microsoft Mobile. Also some topics don't seem to be part of Microsoft's intentions, as the battery consumption due to a lack of services and optimization applications. I'm not just talking about windows10 but windows8.1 too where ie was like an washing machine. I don't know if it's lack of expertise in the Mobile or other knowns however, than the desktop sector, solutions are much slower and almost never outright. This is my impression, then what happens to Redmond I do not know, if someone told me I'd know. I love windowsphone.

Alexandre Coelho

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

in this build,can you charge the battery while the phone is off?and what about the notification sounds?like sms,whatsapp,e-mail...are they different?tks!

teemulehtinen

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

I'm running this on my main phone, 1020. After hard reset, I was back on Cyan which was kind of interesting... Now, the real issues:

Start screen does not load normally, ever. I need to use Cortana open a couple of apps after which, I get into putting the SIM pin code in and then, after some 10 minutes after restart, will have the start screen working. This is not to say that it doesn't get blocked into resuming state for 10 seconds every now and then.

Starting emails and messaging takes anything between 5 and 15 seconds. They don't crash.

Phone doesn't crash either, but it is slow and people hub is very slow indeed.

Skype messanger beta doesn't work and none of the Skype messages comes through.

Other apps crash occasionally without any reason.

The battery drain is impressive. I unplugged in the middle of the night and the phone went, with no use, with no apps running, from 100% to 58% in less three hours.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site

What I have read from other members here, Windows 7 tops the build completely. The build
still isn't installing on my phone and I'm not going to do a hard reset to make it install. The creators
of the build messed up something to cause in not to be able to install in several phones, I sent
the error codes, and it should be up to the creators of the build to fix it so it will install without
error.
Windows 8.1 on the phone is still the top of the line, and it's a toss up between Windows 7 and
Windows 10 which is second.
The PC is working great with the builds, the phone is the problem. :angry:

Vago Pachuquero

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

I'm sorry for what I'm about to say in advance. I've been a Windows Phone, Mobile user since like 2006 and Windows 10 just plain sucks at this point. Granted it is beta software but using it makes me just want to throw my phone out the third story window. The pictures app in windows 10 is a joke and half of the apps for editing pictures don't work, it freezes and reboots constantly and to top it all off the ringtones don't work anymore (again).

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

I'm sorry for what I'm about to say in advance. I've been a Windows Phone, Mobile user since like 2006 and Windows 10 just plain sucks at this point. Granted it is beta software but using it makes me just want to throw my phone out the third story window. The pictures app in windows 10 is a joke and half of the apps for editing pictures don't work, it freezes and reboots constantly and to top it all off the ringtones don't work anymore (again).
It's not yet beta phase software. Ust revert back to 8.1. I did that. I like 10, but it's still a but buggy for daily use, for me. TP is for those willing to test new software and there's no need to be angry for bugs.

anon(8057870)

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Went back to 8.1 after few months of preview build on my 920. Feels like 8.1 is heaven. Hope a new build comes soon and a better one and I will jump again.

DaxeTM

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site

in this build,can you charge the battery while the phone is off?and what about the notification sounds?like sms,whatsapp,e-mail...are they different?tks!

They are not different.
Gabe Aul stated on his Twitter that it doesn't depend on OS but on hardware.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

My experience with 10536

Email is amazing
So is action center
No loading, lagging as many have reported and complained about
Nice clean interface and start screen
Many apps look better
A lot more options in action center including cellular connection
Equivalent battery life as in 8.1
Much better office - 3 times better?

That being said - I'm going back to 8.1. You may ask why if I don't have any issues with 10536.

Well, there's one issue and one issue really. No Lumia camera. I have a Lumia 1020 and the fact that Lumia camera is missing for now is really wearing me down. I thought Proshot would be enough but it's more like 60% of what Lumia camera can do.

I expect to be travelling around and I need to take a lot of photos. I need Lumia camera and the only way that can happen for now is going back to 8.1. I really like where Windows Mobile 10 is headed. Lumia camera will be back in the store as written in the windows blog and I'm sure all the other minor issues will be sorted out. When it comes back, I'll upgrade back to WM10

I'll keep reading the posts on this forum and posting where I have an idea or opinion

Thanks guys for your help

Chintan
Lumia 1020
Kenya
Instagram - chintan_p_gohel

kishtyle

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site

Hi
Lumia Camera Classic is back with raw feature. You can access it from SysAppPusher app. Shoot in raw and also enjoy all Win 10 mobile features on Lumia 1020.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Hi
Lumia Camera Classic is back with raw feature. You can access it from SysAppPusher app. Shoot in raw and also enjoy all Win 10 mobile features on Lumia 1020.

Are you sure? I heard some people in US can get it but not the rest of us

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Hi

Hi, I checked and it still isn't available. I tried Lumia camera classic as you said through sysapppusher but store says not available

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, boredom got that better of me and I put 536 on my 830 a couple of days back. I was resisting due to comments about this build and my experience with the previous one. Anyway, some quick comments. These are based on going from 8.1 to 10, followed by a hard reset.

I do see some improvements with the included apps and some minor bugs squashed. But, I see almost no improvement in performance. It's still sluggish. The start screen animations (especially from app list-->start) are quite jittery. As is the multi-task view.

The weird thing is the battery. It actually seems to be on par with 8.1 this time around. I do, however, have Cortana and automatic store updates off this time. No idea if that's really the difference. Still need to monitor further. I'll be getting Cortana setup today, probably (I'm outside US). Related...my battery app is saying 4 days on a full charge. I've never seen it say more than 2 on 8.1. Strange.

The store is still absolutely horrible: too many issues to list.

"System" apps that the OS says are incompatible (sms filter, display, etc from Nokia) download, install, and update automatically after hard reset anyway. Not sure if any issues are caused by that.

Live tiles for various apps don't always work well, or at all. Wikipedia from Rudy comes to mind.

Mail, just like PC, has sync issues.

Anyway, there's not much of an improvement over the previous build, in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend as a daily driver. But, I'll be keeping it...and hope that the stability problems that forced me back to 8.1 previously don't creep in again.

Excuse the bad grammar etc. I'm writing this before I get through my first coffee. My brain isn't fully operational yet. ;)

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I have to reboot in order for my Icon will connect to a known WiFi. Constant dropping of WiFi.

Takes upwards of 30 seconds for the camera to open.
Upwards of 5 seconds to unlock once my password is entered.
Hey Cortana still is not working and says my phone isn't supported.
Constant locks up and massive phone not responding.

Alin Olaru

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

My experience with Build 10536 is somewhat of a mixed bag. Quite a few app crashes and a few other problems keeping me from using it as a daily driver. Overall a big improvement over last time I had the chance to hold a Windows device and test Windows 10 Mobile.

My observations:
- can't add custom ringtones (they're not visible in the selector list) - as far as I heard, you can work around this by converting to m4a
- starting camera from lockscreen then pressing back results in black screen, you need to press Windows key to return to lockscreen (which will lack the clock)
- Store crashes randomly and also purchasing applications with money results in errors
- Lumia Creative Studio cannot edit photos (tapping any photo will result in a 'File Not Found' error
- Random app crashes (no errors, no nothing, just plain crashes)
- Start screen almost always displays 'Loading...' before appearing

This has all been tested on a Lumia 930. Overall a more polished experience and going in the right direction, but not quite there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen