Mobile payments on AT&T?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So I bit the bullet and decided to try out the Lumia icon AT&T experience.

It should be arriving today and; while I was aware I'd sacrifice LTE, I'm already discovering that I may run into problems with MMS.

But what about NFC payments? I'm sure I can fight to make sure that the next AT&T rep I talk to actually knows what a secure element SIM card is, but will it all be in vain?

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's funny how you can now interchange phones between GSM carrier (AT&T) and CDMA Carrier (Verizon). I know you couldn't do that a while back, but you can now? I will never give up LTE for any phone. Ever since US Cellular left Chicago, I have been on AT&T, USCC was 3G only, but I am really enjoying the LTE service. I don't ever want to go back. I also love my 1520, thought it might be too big, since I sold my Note 2 for that reason, but I got use to it very quickly.

mondokjm

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I just stopped in to my local AT&T store to get a nano sim for the 1520 I just purchased and I had asked about secure sim cards. A few employees had come over to talk about it and they told me that select markets have secure sims in stock, but ours unfortunately didn't. Also, it really wouldn't make a difference until ISIS releases their app for Windows Phone. This article from mid-2013 said support for WP was coming later that year, but nothing has been delivered yet and they don't seem to be moving very fast (https://twitter.com/PayWithIsis/status/456173411341852672)

Nextnexus

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello TLRtheory, I am sure that you will enjoy your Icon. I bit the bullet and purchased one last week for use with my ATT service. I loved the hardware, the 8.1 update allowed me to use my google services properly, and the camera is great. I spent (lost) a few days of my life trying everything possible to get the MMS to work. H+ data was fine for me, and SMS worked out of the box, however there is no way that anyone seems to be able to find to get MMS and group messaging to work on the ATT network.

I returned my Icon for this simple reason. I can take these great images and videos but I cannot share them with anyone via MMS...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720