New Lumia 520 - Can't connect to Wi-Fi!

Mathias Lindberg

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey, so I just got my new Lumia 520, but it doesn't seem like it wants to connect to my WPA2-protected home Wi-Fi. I've tried turning off the WPA2 protection, but still I just get a time out / no response when trying to connect on my L520 :(. I use this Wi-Fi on my Surface and other phone(s), but it doesn't seem work with the L520. I've tethered with my other phone to update the L520, and it connected fine to the wireless hotspot over Wi-Fi. Does anyone have any ideas what may cause this / how to fix it? My internet is provided by TDC.

9czxMfS.png

fonephool

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Had the same issue earlier today. (brand new 520) If I typed in a bad password it would tell me immediately, otherwise is would just come back and tell me it had timed out. My issue was resolved by restarting my router and then restarting the phone....

Alam Mahmood

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue but I have changed it with warranty. If you restart your phone then it might solve it but it is not the permanent solution.

RedbrickData

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 520- i also have problem with wifi connectivity

I have purchased a brand new Lumia 520 but it is connected to wifi before 1 week but now it is not connecting to wifi router. the signals are perfect and there is no issue with router, its connected to other smartphones easily. Please tell me what do i do?

Areeba Tahir

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeahh i got mine just like 4 hrs ago (im 14 yrs) anyways soo in the setting it says tht the wifi is connected but if i try to open anything..it just says to check your connections and that the wifi connection failed, when indeed it is still intact.. i would rather get an iphone5s but my parents cant afford one .. soo if anyone has any ideas on how to get this stupid peice of **** to work plz do reply... and all u nerds online pleease help us what are u here for if not to help felow less-tech-savvy-humas ???huh plz ppl heeelllp

Areeba Tahir

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeahh i got mine just like 4 hrs ago (im 14 yrs) anyways soo in the setting it says tht the wifi is connected but if i try to open anything..it just says to check your connections and that the wifi connection failed, when indeed it is still intact.. i would rather get an iphone5s but my parents cant afford one .. soo if anyone has any ideas on how to get this stupid peice of **** to work plz do reply... and all u nerds online pleease help us what are u here for if not to help felow less-tech-savvy-humas ???huh plz ppl heeelllp

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a soft spot for the younger members having been 14 only a couple years ago.
But dude, chill out. and be a tad less begging, this isn't a ghost town.

anyways, I'd make sure the routers plugged in to internet and try turning it off and on. (both the phone and router)
actually, soft reset your phone by holding down the volume down and power buttons until it vibrates.

Hilton Billy

May 2, 2014
Visit site
HELLO EVERY ONE.....ITS SIMPLE......YOU MUST LOG INTO WIFI ROUTER...AND....UNDER WIFI.....SETTINGS........ADD YOUR LUMIA MAC....ADRESS.......ON WIFI ACCESS LIST!(THE MAC ADRESS YOUR WILL FIND UNDER PHONE SETTINGS.....ABOUT.....MORE INFO....MAC..XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX)......YOU NEED TO REPLACE UNDER SCORE WITH COLON....WHEN YOU ADD YOUR MAC ADRESS...IN YOUR ADSL(ROUTER)...AND WALA.......YOU DONE!

FROM HILTON RECARD BILLY....INJOY YOUR WIFI CONNECTION!
:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs