Nokia Lumia 1520 cases.

cptnQ

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I've been looking a new case for my yellow Lumia 1520, I've had 2 hard cases - both of which have cracked in the edges even though I haven't dropped it, a flip case (I don't enjoy) and currently a dark yellow TPU case which seems rather bulky and attracts grime and ink (discolouration).

I've been looking for a suitable case and came across the Incipio feather cases (love the cyan colour) but I've been quite reluctant since all the hard cases I've brought cracked within a few days and the feather was significantly more expensive. I've looked into their NGP cases but I'm not too sure they they blend well with the Yellow phone (esp the translucent ones - :unhappy: would of been perfect if they had a matte turquoise).

Recently I've come across the Nillkin cases, been on the edge since I've heard it works great but I'm not too sure since it carries the same form factor as the other hard shell cases and might crack on the edges.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks.

cptnQ

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Its nice, but it kinda defeats the purpose of having the yellow model (Although I would be all over the turquoise one if it were matte).

cptnQ

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I haven't seen any good, durable, clear cases from a reputable manufacturer. Maybe just a full "shield" and don't drop it?

I was looking into the NillKin cases. Any thoughts?

Its such a shame that other reputable third party manufacturers haven't bothered to make a case for this phone :(.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Was it a specific case from them? The ones i seen were all colored, but I guess you'd go for white. I've heard their cases are pretty good but I've never bought one myself. Price was really nice too.

Why not a OEM flip case from Nokia?

cptnQ

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Was it a specific case from them? The ones i seen were all colored, but I guess you'd go for white. I've heard their cases are pretty good but I've never bought one myself. Price was really nice too.

Why not a OEM flip case from Nokia?

Yeah, I was thinking black (looking for a case that didn't COMPLETELY cover the yellow). Not into flip cases, I'll look into the Nillkin ones for the moment.

Jas Holden

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I doubt if you'll like my answer....here goes....

A lot of people here, including me, have had problems with "phantom presses" on this phone. My screen would go wild, changing pages and such like after I removed it from my pocket. That is because the phone got bent slightly while being carried in my front pants pocket. To get it to calm down I would have to bend it back gently until it became normal again.

I tried several kinds of cases before I found one that solved the problem.

Otterbox does not make cases for the 1520, however, there are chinese copies of the Otterbox Defender case available on Ebay @ $5-7. Since I began using one of these cases, I have had no more problems with the phone going nutty with "phantom touch" problems. It has been at least 6 trouble free months now.

The case has 2 hard plastic pieces that snap around the phone and a rubber case that fits over that. I had an original Otterbox Defender case on an Iphone and this case is made the same way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99