Official Lumia 920 GDR2/Amber Update Thread

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
That's the point of glance. Its to glance.

Though if you don't want it up all night whilst charging, just flip the phone. Glance turns off when the proximity sensor is blocked.

Hmm i have to try that tonight when I get home. Can someone confirm if this works.

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes! It's not every time I scroll slowly, but it really does this from time to time. And also when I'm scrolling photos in the picture hub (slowly) it does the same chopping, but even more visible. The quality of the photos themselves is much greater now though.

You're right it doesn't do all the time but if you seen it once you always wait when its gonna happen again. The photos are really better than before.

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
From previous experience a few days can mean, maybe a month since update started :p
From official page

Waiting for approval = undergoing final testing with country or operator to achieve approval.
Coming soon = approved, in final pre-release checks.

So, I think one month estimation is right.

Skynetz

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
From official page

Waiting for approval = undergoing final testing with country or operator to achieve approval.
Coming soon = approved, in final pre-release checks.

So, I think one month estimation is right.

And for Cooming soon ? How much time ?

lionfish0

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
You're right it doesn't do all the time but if you seen it once you always wait when its gonna happen again. The photos are really better than before.

I've got a very interesting observation regarding this newly introduced stuttering/chopping scrolling issue:
take some pictures with any "lens" of your choice, then try to scroll them slowly in your picture hub - they wil scroll flawlessly, very smoothly.
Then try to scroll slowly some photos that were made using a standard camera app - you will see this chopping instantly. In fact, just by scrolling my gallery I can now tell which picture was taken using a lens and which one was taken just by a standard camera app, simply looking at how it scrolls away from my screen. That's definitely some software issue here...

KKRLessey

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I've got a very interesting observation regarding this newly introduced stuttering/chopping scrolling issue:
take some pictures with any "lens" of your choice, then try to scroll them slowly in your picture hub - they wil scroll flawlessly, very smoothly.
Then try to scroll slowly some photos that were made using a standard camera app - you will see this chopping instantly. In fact, just by scrolling my gallery I can now tell which picture was taken using a lens and which one was taken just by a standard camera app, simply looking at how it scrolls away from my screen. That's definitely some software issue here...
How is Microsoft going to fix this? Is it a Nokia device only issue?

lionfish0

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
How is Microsoft going to fix this? Is it a Nokia device only issue?

Well, who knows. I can see some similar complaints in the Lumia 928 Amber thread.
I think that's probably a Nokia issue, 'cause lenses and all this stuff are a Nokia's exclusives, but still that would be interesting to see some more feedback from other vendors users.

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site

Maybe it has something to do that after the update the pictures should be saved in full resolution, but this would not explain why it also happens in the setting menue.
Can it be that Nokia tried to make the display even more sensitive and they just overdo it,and now the OS dont know where to scroll up/down until you move your finger in one direction. Just a thought.

lionfish0

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it has something to do that after the update the pictures should be saved in full resolution, but this would not explain why it also happens in the setting menue.
Can it be that Nokia tried to make the display even more sensitive and they just overdo it,and now the OS dont know where to scroll up/down until you move your finger in one direction. Just a thought.

Well, I thought about the sensivity aswell, so I've already set to Normal, but nothing actually changed.
And it's not about resolution of the pictures, it happens with a newly taken photos and with an old ones - no matter.
Plus this settings menu... And I've just noticed this happening in the Apps list a couple of times...

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I observed following changes :

New Backgrounds
New Nokia Ringtone
Flip to Silence
Radio
Datasense
IE with Datasense compressing data for fast and low sized page loads
Changes to Camera algorithms ,warmer + crisper images with proper focus levels
Pro Cam , Smart Cam , Video Trimmer
SMS + Call blocking
Glance screen
Double tap to wake (doesn't need glance screen to be on)
Might be placebo but app load animation speed seems to be tweaked , looks faster.
Other storage bug fixed (Joe's tweet)
Lumia color profile (display by default looks more crisp now)

Adanma Anji

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
WP_20130817_00_01_54_Smart.jpg via smart cam
WP_20130817_001.jpg via the native camera app

l920 updated to amber via OTA today, installed nokia pro cam and nokia smart cam via the store link

noticed that the smart cam takes blurrier pics than the native camera app ( hav attached the pics )

tried del n reinstalling the smart cam but ended up with the same results
anyone else notice this ???

pro cam is a bit better than the smart cam app but m guessing thats due to my photographic skill n knowledge, but smart cam shuld atleast take better pics than the native app !

Iki Taba

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, I thought about the sensivity aswell, so I've already set to Normal, but nothing actually changed.
And it's not about resolution of the pictures, it happens with a newly taken photos and with an old ones - no matter.
Plus this settings menu... And I've just noticed this happening in the Apps list a couple of times...

Please if you find any solution for the stuttering/chopping problem don't forget to post it or send me pm. I see the problem now everywhere expect on the homescreen.
My temporary files were always around 400-500mb and now it is never over 50mb which is another positive thing of Amber.

omglilol

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
So has anyone done pre vs Amber picture quality tests? PLEASE DO IT! The only thing that I may bother updating for is image quality. I know Pro Cam has features etc.. etc.. but I wanna see image comparisons under same lighting and same conditions and same settings on the phone to see what is the "improvement to imaging algorithms" all about.

Pedro Cavaleiro

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I still don't have the update installed It didn't show up yet in OTA but I don't know why
My mobile operator is (000-FR) unbranded phone (I guess)
And I'm currently living in Portugal but In bouth countries the Country Variant Update is available. But I can't get update.
Sem T?tulo.png -> France
Sem T?tulo1.png -> Portugal

Any ideas why this is happening? I don't want to use nokia software updater for retail because I don't want to loose all my data.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I still don't have the update installed It didn't show up yet in OTA but I don't know why
My mobile operator is (000-FR) unbranded phone (I guess)
And I'm currently living in Portugal but In bouth countries the Country Variant Update is available. But I can't get update.
View attachment 40382 -> France
View attachment 40383 -> Portugal

Any ideas why this is happening? I don't want to use nokia software updater for retail because I don't want to loose all my data.

Try taking your phone to the nearest service centre. They can update your phone.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 40364 via smart cam
View attachment 40365 via the native camera app

l920 updated to amber via OTA today, installed nokia pro cam and nokia smart cam via the store link

noticed that the smart cam takes blurrier pics than the native camera app ( hav attached the pics )

tried del n reinstalling the smart cam but ended up with the same results
anyone else notice this ???

pro cam is a bit better than the smart cam app but m guessing thats due to my photographic skill n knowledge, but smart cam shuld atleast take better pics than the native app !

You are so much confused. Smart cam app captures 10 shots at a time which are 5 mp in resolution. Pro cam app enables stereo recording,iOS up to 3200,manual focus,lose less zoom in videos,etc.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)