Perhaps the ICON just has NOT sold well - completely missing from this AdDuplex Sept 24th Report?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I was in best buy yesterday looking for a case for my Icon, but every display in there was IPhone, not one Nokia, or Microsoft display other than one shelf for Windows software. so I walk though the mall to the cell phone case display, guess what they sell ? nothing for Nokia/Microsoft , but she had a belt case that fit the Icon, so I bought it before someone would tell me I couldn't use it for my Icon.. LOL
Microsoft needs to put display in the stores, Tv adds are not enough.
Thank goodness there is Amazon / Ebay.

Unfortunately you'll run into this problem in ALL of the big box stores. They only offer products that they think will sell well. Until Windows Phone truly starts making an impact on sales, we will have this problem. And you are right, Microsoft needs to start pushing its Lumia product more aggressively. Yes, they have exclusive usage in shows like Hawaii 5-0, but people are more interested in getting to see Grace Park in a bikini than what type of smart phone Dano is using.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
There could also be more hush hush reasons for discontinuing the Icon. That Microsoft-branded Lumia they just said they look forward to releasing "soon" might have something to do with it.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

djarchow

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you go back through the previous months, the Icon is mentioned a few times shortly after it was released.
In March it was 38th worlwide
In April the Icon was 18th in the US
In May the Icon was 28th or 29th worldwide

One other interesting number,
the HTC M8 was 26th in the US in September

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
They stopped selling it! I have an HTX 8x and my contract ends this coming new years. I want a new phone. I don't know what to do. VZW is my onl option because it's what my family uses. I was looking forward to getting a Lumia, but I guess I'll have to settle for the HTC M8 for windows phone. That phone is $200 on contract and only has a 4mp camera. I mean come on. That's ridiculous.

I feel your pain, it's really disappointing to see VZW drop support for any phone after less than a year. For the record, and ymmv, but without cyan and assuming it would fix some of the major flaws when using 8.1 on the icon, I consider the 8x better than the icon. The only thing leaving is the camera but the overall experience far outweighs the cameras quality alone. The M8 disappoints me after becoming invested in wireless charging. Over been using an icon since May buy I'm moving back to my 8x. The 8x is really a great phone in my opinion. I'll try to sell my icon and wait for the next phone VZW makes available that is an actual upgrade.

PhreePhlyer

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I feel your pain, it's really disappointing to see VZW drop support for any phone after less than a year. For the record, and ymmv, but without cyan and assuming it would fix some of the major flaws when using 8.1 on the icon, I consider the 8x better than the icon. The only thing leaving is the camera but the overall experience far outweighs the cameras quality alone. The M8 disappoints me after becoming invested in wireless charging. Over been using an icon since May buy I'm moving back to my 8x. The 8x is really a great phone in my opinion. I'll try to sell my icon and wait for the next phone VZW makes available that is an actual upgrade.

I gotta ask, as someone using the DP 8.1.1 on an Icon, what major flaws are you talking about? The 8X isn't near the same class as the icon. You were just trolling, right?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The 1525 was a fabrication according to Daniel Rubino. And that extremely reliable wordpress blog you linked to is from October 2013.

Hmmm... So it is... How about these articles from July 2014 and one from just a couple days ago? One written by the Rubino himself. I realize these are ALL rumors, but for the life of me I can't find where Rubino said it was a fabrication. I've Binged and Googled both, with Google bring up the new articles.

http://www.windowscentral.com/lumia-1525-said-be-coming-t-mobile-possibly-fill-high-end-void

Lumia 1525 won't be T-Mobile US exclusive, rumored to sport Snapdragon 801 processor | Windows Central

http://gigjets.com/10/19431-nokia-lumia-1525-microsoft-lumia-1525/

If it is true, I still probably would not get it, only because I am not a phablet fan (say that 10 times fast). We ARE coming up on the holiday season, so I can see some more stuff rolling out in time for Christmas.

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm... So it is... How about these articles from July 2014 and one from just a couple days ago? One written by the Rubino himself. I realize these are ALL rumors, but for the life of me I can't find where Rubino said it was a fabrication. I've Binged and Googled both, with Google bring up the new articles.

Lumia 1525 said to be coming to T-Mobile, possibly to fill high-end void | Windows Central

Lumia 1525 won't be T-Mobile US exclusive, rumored to sport Snapdragon 801 processor | Windows Central

There Won?t be a Nokia Lumia 1525 but a Microsoft Lumia 1525

If it is true, I still probably would not get it, only because I am not a phablet fan (say that 10 times fast). We ARE coming up on the holiday season, so I can see some more stuff rolling out in time for Christmas.

Ah! Here it is. It was buried under all of the ones saying the 1525 is real. But it wasn't Rubino who said it was false, it was the evleaks guy himself.

Nokia Lumia 1525: Disregard Leaked Release Date, Specs, Other Details, Says Leaker : Trending : Hallels

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria