Post pictures of your latest purchase

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
New backsplash is finally installed. Now if we can ever pick a paint color for the walls. I can't believe I haven't replaced the rest of the old outlets and switches already. I think I just wanted to wait until the backsplash was done in case anything was damaged in the process. Yeah, that's it. This kitchen makeover has taken a lot longer than it should have.
a02f2ed562ec06c8ffd56780b1e676a9.jpg
013b739fdb738de48fec0462dacd87c2.jpg

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Looking good!
Thanks! Picking out tile I think is even harder than picking out paint colors! We looked forever and had originally picked something else, but it was discontinued! (Why was it on display???) It took another two or three months to pick something else, then miraculously only a couple weeks wait to get it installed.

Annie_M

Jan 31, 2019
Visit site
Prime Day took a small toll on my wallet. Other than a couple of Christmas gifts and clothing, these are the two items I'm most excited about:

Another fast charger for my Apple Watch

51pSFMSWEiL._AC_SX679_.jpg

A Waterpik Cordless Advanced Water Flosser

71IThA8BpnL._SX679_.jpg

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Too little too late to provide clues to who stole my son's motorcycle, but I've wanted to install one for a while.

My current floodlight is horrible and keeps burning out bulbs. I've been thinking about this one too. You'll have to let me know how bright it is for driveway coverage. :)

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Picked up a fireproof/waterproof document storage safe that Honeywell advertised as "lightweight". Holy hand-grenades this is thing is 42 pounds! Lightweight my ***! LOL

My fault for not looking at the specs when ordering, but dayyyyum... I just wanted something to store important documents - not survive the Apocalypse.

safe.PNG

Last edited:

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
My current floodlight is horrible and keeps burning out bulbs. I've been thinking about this one too. You'll have to let me know how bright it is for driveway coverage. :)
They are quite bright. I just hope they're not annoying the neighbor across the driveway (note to self, talk to her about it ). I did get the Pro version (though it's up in the air whether it was worth it over the Plus) but I'm sure the lights on the Plus are plenty bright too.

Annie_M

Jan 31, 2019
Visit site
Someone rang our doorbell around 10:45 PM the other night. This has been happening in our neighborhood lately. It's probably just kids, but school has started back, so it's a little late for that. Needless to say, we didn't go to the door, but I did sneak around to where I could peak out the window. I couldn't see anyone. It's bothered me, and we've been meaning to look for some cameras. I found a set of two Blink Mini – Compact indoor plug-in smart security camera, 1080p HD video, night vision, motion detection, two-way audio, easy set up, Works with Alexa and HomekitBlink Mini.jpg – 2 cameras (White). The best part is that they were on sale!

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
New freezer. We're tired of dealing with the insane amount of frost in the current one, on which the door seal doesn't seal well on, making it worse.
f15ed1aff3bbf585e5281d3fef0e3a6d.jpg

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
MFC-L2750DW for forum pics.jpg

Brother MFC-L2750DW monochrome laser multi-function. Per my policy, it has been de-badged after this picture was taken.

I was using a Brother MFC-L2710DW for a few years, much more for color scanning or BW copying than printing. It was time for a new one and I decided on a MCL2750DW. The 2710 did 2 sided printing and the 2750 is essentially the same hardware but with 2 sided scanning and 2 sided copying. Lately I have needed to scan a lot of documents that were printed on both sides. That meant to scan a 10 sheet document with printing on both sides meant using the flatbed and manually scanning one side of each sheet and then manually turning it over and scanning it again while keeping track of where I was. With the 2750. I can just stick two side documents in the document feeder and click scan. The 2750 even uses the same toner and drum, so I can use the reserves I had for my 2710.

But acquiring it became a quest of epic proportion, some of my own doing.

My first search for one found it for $299 at Best Buy. But instead of just going and picking it up, I decided to price shop. Virtually EVERYPLACE had them listed for $299 except for Office Depot who had them for $324. So, back to BestBuy.com to order for pickup. But now, just a few hours later… out of stock. And likewise for everywhere else EXCEPT the higher priced Office Depot. So, I decided to order from them and continue to monitor every local business and Amazon in hopes one would become available for cheaper before the OD order arrived or the return window expired.

Just hours later Amazon had them for $299 with a 7-week delivery. I could wait that long, so ordered from Amazon and went to cancel at OfficeDepot.com but the cancel option just bounced back to the product page. Strike one for OD. So, I call them and tell them to cancel the order that was just hours old without even an estimate for shipping yet. I was told I had to take delivery and then return it. Make a mental note to never buy from OD because their prices could obviously be cheaper if they didn’t waste money and time this way.

A few days later and still before the OD order even shipped, BestBuy.com would take an order for $299, so I ordered one and planned to cancel the Amazon order as soon as my Best Buy order arrived. But 2 days later Amazon had them again but with 4-week delivery. Naturally, I assumed my earlier order would show an adjusted delivery date, but no, despite Amazon itself being the seller and fulfilment in both cases. So, I order it again from Amazon but not about to cancel the first one yet in case the 4-week order falls apart for any reason.

Fast forward and OD order arrives. I call to return, and they say they will send a truck to pick it up. So when all said and done they will have paid for the following completely unnecessary actions: (1) shipping a heavy printer across the country, (2) sending a truck to retrieve it, (3) disposing with a printer that is no longer retail condition due to the factory carton being plastered with my shipping labels on several sides AND the box undoubtedly opened by OD to make sure a crooked customer didn’t replace the printer with a similar weight rock.

I almost forgot that before picking it up they sent an email saying the pickup will happen BUT misdescribed it as an order rather than a pickup.

And……. then Amazon offers it again with a 10-day delivery without changing the delivery dates for the earlier 7-week and 4-week orders. So, I order it a 3rd time from Amazon but did not cancel earlier ones, just in case. This 3rd Amazon order arrive early, in 7 days and I cancel the prior 2 Amazon orders as well as the Best Buy order.

And for the icing. Remember OD calling the pickup a delivery? Well after acknowledging the return and issuing the refund, I received a statement of the OD rewards I had earned. Instead of cancelling out the rewards for the returned order, they gave me matching rewards for the return, no doubt because parts of their system viewed the return as another order. SMH.

Lastly, I apologize for the many people who could not buy one of these printers while I temporarily tied up the inventory of 3 or 4 major retailers. LoL

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Technically a purchase, because my wife asked what I wanted for my birthday, and I sent a lightning deal Amazon link for something I'd been thinking about buying. WiiM Mini audio streamer. I've been pretty satisfied with the free Volumio software on my Raspberry Pi 2, but it requires a subscription to use Tidal Connect. The WiiM app needs some polish, but it works and is in active development.
42423c260bd88d5cf90da80b2323dc85.jpg
80b29bc04113ee891efde100dfc473aa.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb