Seems MS has forgotten to flip the switch for Lumia devices without denim??

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
If Denim is the cause of Netflix breaking on the 830, then I would rather them fix that problem before Denim.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Many phones do not receive denim firmware

True.

Just did a quick check and these are the few EUROPEAN only countries to have received the Demin firmware on the below high end devices: -

Denmark
Estonia
Finland
Iceland
Latvia
Lithuania
Norway
Sweden

Finland

None for the rest of the world.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wait...

Denim is OUT?

People WANT it?

I hadn't heard that BEFORE...

​[/SARCASM]

BTW - I'm not being smug because I have it. 8.1+ Cyan Official and waiting my turn patiently.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Wait...

Denim is OUT?

People WANT it?

I hadn't heard that BEFORE...

​[/SARCASM]

BTW - I'm not being smug because I have it. 8.1+ Cyan Official and waiting my turn patiently.

Sarcasm or not, Microsoft is taking their own sweet time at a snail pace which pissed everyone off...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sarcasm or not, Microsoft is taking their own sweet time at a snail pace which pissed everyone off...

Sorry... But I'm sure it is not Everyone as I am one of every and am not upset. I do think people should not be half as worried as they are on this forum. Stress should be avoided, not sought. It's better for your life that way...

Q: Who among us can control this?
A: Not I, so why bang my head against a wall?

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Look like MS want win the crown of slowest phone update.

It's a shame for MS that even budget Android phone beating WP flagship devices in updates.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

It's a shame for MS that even budget Android phone beating WP flagship devices in updates.

Where??? By and large most budget Androids get one to none in terms of updates. Don't count flashing custom ROMS. That is NOT an update, it is a Mod.

Even the almost 2 year old budget Lumia 520 is announced to make the leap to Windows 10 Mobile.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Where??? By and large most budget Androids get one to none in terms of updates. Don't count flashing custom ROMS. That is NOT an update, it is a Mod.

Even the almost 2 year old budget Lumia 520 is announced to make the leap to Windows 10 Mobile.

You didn't read the sign did you? It says very clearly "don't feed the tr....."

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Apart from the moto e and G, budget phones on android never get updated. What bs are you speaking?

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site

I was talking about Moto G 2013 and 2014.
These phone got update in first week of Dec 2014

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was talking about Moto G 2013 and 2014.
These phone got update in first week of Dec 2014

An exception will not make a rule... Now that Lenovo has gotten a hold of Moto, I wouldn't count on that trend even continuing.

So two (very closely related and Google driven {pre-Lenovo} budget phones) got updated like Nexi. Stacked against budget Windows Phones like 520 and 620 launching with 8.0 and then updating to Amber > Black > 8.1 + Cyan > 8.1.1 +Denim > 8.1.2 + E? (possible) > Windows 10 Mobile (already promised) in 3 years...

Show me a budget phone in Android land getting that many updates that regularly. Apart from the Nexus program and Google Play editions (neither of which are anywhere near budget priced devices) and a couple of Moto's pledged by Google to receive updates, not even high end OEM handsets receive so many updates over a period of as many years as Windows Phones are in line to receive. Or at least Lumias. Some of the other OEMs have treated it like Android and pushed the updates to the bottom of their inbox. But Lumias are far and away the largest segment of Windows Phones.

You want to make a minority exception (budget Motos) an example? Just doesn't hold up.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry... But I'm sure it is not Everyone as I am one of every and am not upset. I do think people should not be half as worried as they are on this forum. Stress should be avoided, not sought. It's better for your life that way...

Q: Who among us can control this?
A: Not I, so why bang my head against a wall?

Why are only selected few European countries getting the Demin firmware update for 930 and 1520 and not across the rest of the world?

What is the point of boasting about how fast the camera app launchs and/or at snapping pictures and/or releasing their Lumia Camera (non Classic) when 90%++ can't even get their hand on it after so many months?

Previously everything was US of A only (eg. Cortana etc.) and now this???

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Why are only selected few European countries getting the Demin firmware update for 930 and 1520 and not across the rest of the world?

What is the point of boasting about how fast the camera app launchs and/or at snapping pictures and/or releasing their Lumia Camera (non Classic) when 90%++ can't even get their hand on it after so many months?

Previously everything was US of A only (eg. Cortana etc.) and now this???

Why ask why? Drink Bud Dry.

Asking a forum member for intricate details about WP updates especially involving 3rd parties (carriers) is like asking a parrot for a stock tip. You're only going to get what the bird heard that day.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Why ask why? Drink Bud Dry.

Asking a forum member for intricate details about WP updates especially involving 3rd parties (carriers) is like asking a parrot for a stock tip. You're only going to get what the bird heard that day.

I'm holding on to a unlocked device, so the ball is in Microsoft's hand.

No carriers involved.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site

Wanna make jokes join the circus, WP leads in updates for budget phones to get updates , many people thought the 520 series wouldn't even get Cyan and all through to 920 the series grabbed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786