Share your Windows Phone History!

StefEBear

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
XDA II Mini - - HTC Mozart > Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia 920 > Nokia 930 > Microsoft Lumia 950XL > next (something Android, S8+ most likely)

Bskill

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Here's my story so far:
LG Optimus 7 > Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 1020 > Nokia Lumia 1520 > Microsoft Lumia 950 XL

i_choca

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
Nokia lumia 800, Nokia lumia 820, Nokia lumia 1020, and finally MS Lumia 950 all running WM 10 except the Nokia Lumia 800 7.8

Last edited:

TheMoose14

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
HTC Diamond (WM 6.1) > HTC HD Mini (WM6.5) > HTC Trophy (WP7) > HTC Titan (WP7.5) > Nokia Lumia 920 (WP 8) > Nokia Lumia 930 (WP8.1) > Microsoft Lumia 950XL (W10M)

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
once upon a time, i was a young man... it were good days. the sun was shining. i saw a phone at the tw. i cant believe that, it wasn't just a phone, not just a smart phone... it was a windows phone with Nokia. all the my life i use nokia, all the my life i love the tecnology. and when i saw this masterpiecing of engineering i love it. i said that ; it is that, its the point, its the windowsphone... my story is lumia 720>925>930 its my favourite, its an amazing phone concept Lumia 930. now i m waiting Surface phone. İ wish i buy it when it comes.. Thank you windows phone.

Mrun4Nk

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 710 > Nokia Lumia 630 > Nokia Lumia 730 (always used a mid-ranger, I wish to someday try the full potential of W10M with Hello and Continuum)

wpbazaar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
A decidedly fin de siecle air to this topic.

Me: LG Quantum > Nokia 920 > Lumia 950
Family member 2: Nokia 520
Family member 3: Nokia 620 | Nexus 5
Family member 4: Lumia 435 (bought as an Astoria crash test dummy) | Nexus 4

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Cannot remember the early Windows Mobile devices but they were mainly XDA of different flavours. My favourite of this generation was the XDA mini (still have 3 in a drawer).

Of the first generation of what we now think of as Windows Mobile then that's going to be the Samsung Omnia which was a stand out phone in this generation in my opinion. Now we are pretty much listing the phone I had from this point on.

Nokia 800
Nokia 920 / 925 / 930 / 950 xl
Nokia 640 / 650

Stand out phone from this period was the 925 for it's camera especially night photos and videos.

As for my favourite over all it has to be the 950 XL.

Sadly it's almost certainly the last not because I have lost faith rather the UK carriers have stopped stocking any Windows Phones. Can haggle a bit with the business phone for a while yet but not with the private phone.

Already said goodbye to one 640 family phone the others will be sure to follow.

That unfortunately is the end of the path unless suddenly something was to change and that really is not going to happen.

gowtham saarthy

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Was always a Nokia fan since Symbian days. I was a small boy (School time). Whenever i cross the Nokia showroom i will look at showcased and advertised Symbian phones like X6, N7 etc. One day during my twelfth standard or college first year i gone into that store. I was asking for a low cost Symbian touch phone & they told that its already abandoned by nokia and only left over stocks were there.

They showed N9(Meego) and Lumia 800. I didn't notice those and was sad. Then i purchased NOKIA ASHA 305/6 and was using it quite happily.

But Then came my love for Nokia windows phones & other good OEMs producing WinPhones. One day they started advertising LUMIA 710(That was a sexy looking white phone :p) very nicely in a banner infront of their nokia store. then followed by some lumia 510.

Then i started reading the history of Windows on phone and it was sad that i lost from being the major OS used. Many HTC phones came with win mobile it seems. Then i read the history of rebirth of windows phone as WP7 and the main reason i fell in love with WP was tiles ,smoothness and ofcourse the ADs BY NOKIA. (Checkout their Lumia ads. Those will be appealing and attracting).

But i had no money to buy and felt shy for asking money from father, to buy new phone. I was checking reviews etc etc of whatever WP came at that time. then almost in end of college third year(2014) i decided to go with Lumia 520 as 710 was no more. Lumia 520 was cute and best. They gave offers upto 4999 rupees for Lumia 520 at that time. then a week before confirming it they announced Lumia 730.

Usually 7xx series of Lumia were sexiest by look and feel. So i bought it at the day of launch in my locale. I compromised my father by saying many things and he gave money to buy it. From then i m using the same only. Almost three years now. It still looks like new one.

I had good,excellent,bad times with OS. I was happy to callout any of friend to have SPEED COMPETITION. I won all higher end androids at that time,in my class and even the iPhone 5s which one guy had in my class.

Then i tried W10M tech.prev when it launched for first time and was horrible and had it for 3 months and then came back to WP8.1(this process was a huge headache for me i need to beg my friend who had Wi-Fi at his home). And once W10M was launched officially i was happy and tried it and 6 months i had it. But it is not as spped,reliable,smooth as WP8.1. And now they stopped supporting these devices from creator update onwards. So i now came back to WP8.1.

Now i am in a IT job and my daily life is fine with this 3 years old Lumia with WP8.1. Now i earn and have money so has a Good speed Wi-Fi and data connections. So whenever i feel bored i go to W10M and come back to WP8.1 whenever i miss my old WP days. And i decided to be on WP 8.1.(I m happy with it).

Verdict :p GFive Mobile u898 something > Nokia asha 305/6 >Lumia 710(Love at first sight) > Lumia 520 (Bond with Wp became strong) >LUMIA 730 (FINALLY BOUGHT A WINDOWS PHONE, THAT TOO MY FAVOURITE NOKIA)... Buying a Nokia Lumia was my long term dream from my teenage.

That was my Story ;) :)

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
HTC HD7 > HTC 8X > Nokia Lumia 930 > Nokia Lumia 830 > Nokia Lumia 640 (work provided) > Nokia Lumia 930 (replaced) > Nokia Lumia 950.

It's sad that my L930 is no longer supported post W10M CU. It leaves me without an Insiders device and I'm not willing at the moment to replace it or enrol my 950 into the fast ring.

kapil Matta

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
Lumia 610,
Lumia 625,
Lumia 640xl LTE
All the phones were smooth and good cameras compared to the android phones of same price point at the same time...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christinaenth