Shipping early?

Warwick B

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Got my tracking number today. I didn't pay extra for shipping so it says standard shipping in my order but on the UPS site it says its shipping with "UPS next day air saver" which means I should get it by tomorrow afternoon! If this is the case then I'm really happy with MS service and the shipping upgrade. Seems like they're trying to make us pre-orders happy :smile:

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Got my tracking number today. I didn't pay extra for shipping so it says standard shipping in my order but on the UPS site it says its shipping with "UPS next day air saver" which means I should get it by tomorrow afternoon! If this is the case then I'm really happy with MS service and the shipping upgrade. Seems like they're trying to make us pre-orders happy :smile:

I just wish they had better information from their customer service. Wish their phone support was as fun as their in store workers.

chrisinvermont

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
CC has been charged and tracking numbers received! Just put a hold on delivery as I will be at work. Luckily I work a block from the UPS distribution center. Planning on grabbing it at 8:30 tomorrow morning!

Warwick B

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I just wish they had better information from their customer service. Wish their phone support was as fun as their in store workers.

I agree that during a rollout like this there needs to be better communication and chat support, phone support and in-store support need to be in line. In terms of their commitment to delivering to pre-orders I'd like to see how the rollout goes. I guess we'll see comments here on the site if there are those who don't get their pre-orders by tomorrow or Monday and who are eligible to. i.e. for those who pre-ordered before the 6/16 (ish) date. There was that article a couple of days ago saying that pre-orders after that date would have a delivery date of 6/30. Kind of makes sense really because with only 4 days before the actual rollout I'm sure most of the units have already been assigned to earlier pre-orders and to commitments to stores like the MS stores, BestBuy and the Canadian stores (the Source?). Pre-orders are simply a way for them to gauge the demand at rollout and try to meet it. Of course they should have discontinued the preorder option on 6/16 if they weren't able to meet the 6/20 delivery date and just made it a normal order so that people didn't expect to get it on the day of rollout.

Wow I did ramble on a bit here. Must be giddy with anticipation :smile:

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I preodered from best buy 5/22, both a 128GB and the blue keyboard. Both items have said "payment validated" as their status until this morning. The Surface has changed to "Preparing order", but the keyboard remains the same status. Hoping they get it shipped out next day air like Microsoft was doing! Anyone else order from Best Buy?

thelern

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I also ordered from best buy and am in the same boat. I called best buy and they first told me it would be at my house July 1. I complained about that and found that they really don't when they will be delivered. My guess is that they will be early next week. I probably will go with Microsoft Store next time.

I just checked my order status and it now is saying order status is not available online....It was preparing to be shipped earlier today.

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I preodered from best buy 5/22, both a 128GB and the blue keyboard. Both items have said "payment validated" as their status until this morning. The Surface has changed to "Preparing order", but the keyboard remains the same status. Hoping they get it shipped out next day air like Microsoft was doing! Anyone else order from Best Buy?

I had to last night after the MS store mistakenly cancelled my order. Payment is verified and is still showing preparing shipment.

However, the Best Buy store representative assured me I would have it tomorrow afternoon. 256 gb version in West Texas.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

andrantos

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I also pre-ordered from best buy when pre-orders went up.

Mine went from "Preparing Order" this morning to "Order line status is not available". My keyboard, which is a separate order, has recently been updated to "Preparing Order".

I'm hoping its just a fluke in their system related to pre-orders about to ship, but I will be sad if I end up waiting on a backorder or something (who wouldn't!)

cipher7

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Now that I've used it for a bit, here are some quick first impressions as didn't have a chance to see this in a store before.

Previously, I was using a Surface Pro 2 which I recently sold. While I liked that device, the weight and screen size were two negatives for me. The SP3 completely takes away those concerns for me. The screen size is incredible and I love the weight and thinness of this device in my hands. I've heard some reviews mention that the screen is too big for tablet users, but I disagree completely. I'm 6'2" so maybe that skews my opinion, but this works so well in tablet mode that I think I can finally convince my wife to sell her iPad and laptop and move over to a SP3 device. I could even go a bit bigger and still be ok (SP4?).

A couple of things I noticed that may be of interest to others...

There are no Windows Updates yet besides KB2969817 which is a Windows 8.1 update. Any firmware or other related SP3 updates that have been rumored, I assume will either be released tomorrow or at some point soon afterwards.

I had an issue pairing my Surface Pen during the initial setup. I then tried pairing it from within Windows Settings and it only worked when I turned off my nearby laptop which also has Bluetooth enabled.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try and get to them between "working" on my SP3 and watching England beat Uraguay! :)

Yonic Boom

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm beginning to be pessimistic about mine shipping out today. Still just says in process for both the SP3 and the type cover. Hopefully it ships tomorrow so I have a chance at seeing it Monday or Tuesday.

nesl247

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Received the tracking number for the keyboard today, but the Surface itself is still showing as "In Process". If it doesn't ship today, I'm going to run to TigerDirect when they open in the morning, and purchase it right then and there. Will end up returning the Surface from the Microsoft Store if that happens.

Update: Just received the Surface Pro 3 tracking number. Of course it isn't showing up on UPS' site, but I don't expect it to until at least 5 PM. Feel much better now.

Also really glad that Microsoft uses UPS instead of FedEx. I always receive my packages by 10:30 AM at the latest thanks to my companies heavy use of UPS.

Last edited:

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I also pre-ordered from best buy when pre-orders went up.

Mine went from "Preparing Order" this morning to "Order line status is not available". My keyboard, which is a separate order, has recently been updated to "Preparing Order".

I'm hoping its just a fluke in their system related to pre-orders about to ship, but I will be sad if I end up waiting on a backorder or something (who wouldn't!)

Just got my tracking info from Best Buy!!!! I will have my precious by tomorrow afternoon!!!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

wundram

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Same with me. I got the shipping on the keyboard, but not the machine itself. I figure I can team up with someone who is getting the surface shipped, but not the keyboard. We would have a complete unit between the two of us.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So I got my shipment notice on Tuesday but the UPS tracking stays "shipping label created" for two days.... any Canadian has the luck of getting your SP3 yet? I hope I can get it by the weekend that's all...

Kyle Baker2

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Preorder the morning of 5/21 and still nothing. CC was charged yesterday morning. :-\
I preordered on 5/21 as well. I just got my tracking number within the last hour for the surface. I had been worrying too. The tracking number for the type cover came last night.

hobbit25

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been showing "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." since the 17th. Starting to get worried that I wont be getting it tomorrow after all.

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Best buy SP3 shipped for arrival tomorrow with tracking # UPS Express. However, exclusive dark blue keyboard is still processing and it not coming in the same shipment. Says status not available. Not a downer, still have my type cover 2 to play with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria