Shipping early?

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Ouch, that's brutal. They really need to find a better way of doing this, like putting a hold on the money immediately when you pre-order. That way, if the card doesn't go through, you can address it right away. If I don't have a shipping notification by the end of tomorrow, I might just call in and let a supervisor know that their system is screwing over a lot of customers. Out of curiosity, which model did you order?

The 256 gb i5. And it still shows by 6/20 on the website.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Exhibit13

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I am in California and they hit my cc today (18th) and I just got the UPS tracking info for my keyboard but not my surface yet, funny thing is I bought them together in the same order so I would have expected them to ship in one box. Excited!

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ouch, that's brutal. They really need to find a better way of doing this, like putting a hold on the money immediately when you pre-order. That way, if the card doesn't go through, you can address it right away. If I don't have a shipping notification by the end of tomorrow, I might just call in and let a supervisor know that their system is screwing over a lot of customers. Out of curiosity, which model did you order?
They couldn't put a hold on the money for that long. Most banks will only allow a certain amount of days for the 'hold'. If the vendor tries to continue after that period, they get denied by the bank and you have to place a new order, in most cases. e.g. My bank only allows 4 days for a vendor to complete the transaction.
It's not MS's system messing up. It's the banks, in a sense. The reason things like this happen is due to the protection policies put in place to protect you, your money, your credit, etc. Most of these issues can be prevented by a call to the bank prior, as long as you're aware of what they have in place.
In most cases why your account is now showing pending because the money didn't transfer(authorization) yet, that'll happen right before(or during) your item is marked for shipping, once released then you'll get the shipping notification. This might not be the exact procedure, but it's a reasonable facsimile :)

LazyEvul

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
They couldn't put a hold on the money for that long. Most banks will only allow a certain amount of days for the 'hold'. If the vendor tries to continue after that period, they get denied by the bank and you have to place a new order, in most cases. e.g. My bank only allows 4 days for a vendor to complete the transaction.
It's not MS's system messing up. It's the banks, in a sense. The reason things like this happen is due to the protection policies put in place to protect you, your money, your credit, etc. Most of these issues can be prevented by a call to the bank prior, as long as you're aware of what they have in place.
In most cases why your account is now showing pending because the money didn't transfer yet, that'll happen right before(or during) your item is marked for shipping, once released then you'll get the shipping notification. This might not be the exact procedure, but it's a reasonable facsimile :)

Ah, that's fair, I ought to become a little more acquainted with bank policies. But nonetheless, they could have at least offered me (and others like myself) the option to update their payment info rather than just cancelling the order with no stated reason. It'd avoid people who ordered early on being put at the back of the line needlessly.

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Ah, that's fair, I ought to become a little more acquainted with bank policies. But nonetheless, they could have at least offered me (and others like myself) the option to update their payment info rather than just cancelling the order with no stated reason. It'd avoid people who ordered early on being put at the back of the line needlessly.

I 2nd that. A phone call or email would've been nice.

Exhibit13

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I am in California and they hit my cc today (18th) and I just got the UPS tracking info for my keyboard but not my surface yet, funny thing is I bought them together in the same order so I would have expected them to ship in one box. Excited!

Just now got the tracking info email for my surface. So apparently it arrives Friday by UPS next day air in two separate boxes, even if you order it together like I did. Enjoy your Friday everyone!

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Ah. Just been reading around. I somehow assumed it would be a worldwide launch. My card's not been charged yet and I'll have to cancel the order. Can't wait till September for one - I start a new job I need it for on 1 July. And TigerDirect don't take foreign cards.
If anyone knows of any stockists that will express ship to Australia, let me know :D

Doc IT

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I ordered on 27th and still was not charged when i checked last night, figured it would be delayed, but to my surprise at 5 am they charged my CC and also sent my tracking. I'm in Texas

Y2HBK

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Woke up this morning and have an email with a tracking number. Only for the surface, not for the type cover. No info on UPS' page yet, which I expected. It also didnt mention which shipping method was used.

EDIT

Just received tracking number for the type cover as well. Still no shipping info or method listed. At least there is movement.

jayk82

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
In most cases why your account is now showing pending because the money didn't transfer(authorization) yet, that'll happen right before(or during) your item is marked for shipping, once released then you'll get the shipping notification. This might not be the exact procedure, but it's a reasonable facsimile :)

In my opinion, it was a MS system screw up. I called last night, and was given a very poor excuse.

I pre-ordered with Office 365 personal, which was available to ship as soon as my card was charged, and did indeed ship. I was told due to having an available item with a pre-ordered item on an order was what caused my SP3 to be cancelled.

That to me is purely unacceptable.

chadthebuilder

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Woke up this morning and have an email with a tracking number. Only for the surface, not for the type cover. No info on UPS' page yet, which I expected. It also didnt mention which shipping method was used.

EDIT

Just received tracking number for the type cover as well. Still no shipping info or method listed. At least there is movement.

Same here. I got the tracking number for both; however, neither has information on the UPS site.

Warcony

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I got the tracking number for both; however, neither has information on the UPS site.

I got a tracking number on Tuesday and today it is still showing no information, I am hoping it is just a UPS screw up and the package is on its way!

SypherX

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Same here. Woke up with an email confirmation for my SP3 with tracking information that is not updated with UPS as of yet. It will probably be updated this evening. My account says that my SP3 has changed from "in process" to "complete." Still waiting on the same email for my black type cover.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Same here. Woke up with an email confirmation for my SP3 with tracking information that is not updated with UPS as of yet. It will probably be updated this evening. My account says that my SP3 has changed from "in process" to "complete." Still waiting on the same email for my black type cover.

The same. Two separate tracking numbers...no info as to shipping method or anything else. UPS site says: "UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later. "

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I have two tracking numbers as well. One of them says that a label has been created, and the other shows no info. I've found UPS to be pretty innaccurate with the tracking though. I've had instances where there were no updates at all until the package had actually arrived. If you've been charged and given shipping info, it's a pretty safe bet that it will be arriving tomorrow.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I have two tracking numbers as well. One of them says that a label has been created, and the other shows no info. I've found UPS to be pretty innaccurate with the tracking though. I've had instances where there were no updates at all until the package had actually arrived. If you've been charged and given shipping info, it's a pretty safe bet that it will be arriving tomorrow.

Ha, not five minutes after I posted this, I got a notification that a label has been created for my other shipment as well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit