Shipping for Orders from Canada

Tomerunlocks

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Im at eaton centre. And just got ky surface. No hassle no line. No problem.
Cancelling my order right now. Getting here was so much easier. Pics soon.

dark.davy

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Im at eaton centre. And just got ky surface. No hassle no line. No problem.
Cancelling my order right now. Getting here was so much easier. Pics soon.

Did the same thing at 9:00am this morning. Walked out after I bought it and cancelled the other one. They didn't have any of the coloured keyboards though. (They were bi-lingual any ways)

Tomerunlocks

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Did the same thing at 9:00am this morning. Walked out after I bought it and cancelled the other one. They didn't have any of the coloured keyboards though. (They were bi-lingual any ways)

They do now. All colours are in stock. I got mine right after they restocked. They said there aren't many 32gb variations left, just quite a bit of 64 which is understandable since its more expensive.

NorthGuy798

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Called Microsoft Store today.

Orders will not ship in the UK until 30 Oct, but more like Nov 2nd or later. Same is true for Canada.

Nothing has shipped as of today for the two named locations.

I think Microsoft should have just upgraded everyone to a 64 gig Surface with Touch Cover. Since nothing has shipped, it would have been an easy switch. For those who had ordered such already, Microsoft should have give a $100 coupon. Why you ask? Because Microsoft pretty much misled us into believing that by pre-ordering you'd receive your tablet on the 26.... However, they knew this would not be the case.

Suggest everyone keep calling Microsoft Store daily for an update. They log the calls, so head office will realize they have pissed people off.

ShPhoenix

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Same deal as the others no updates anywhere. I'll probably call the store tonight but that's about all that I'm going to do. Not about to drive up to Edmonton on the off chance that there might a Surface left.

Tomerunlocks

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
typing this from the surface on the soft cover.im really liking it so far.
itll take time getting used to obviously. I suggest you all go to your nearest store. The amount of stock they have is crazy. No point in waiting an extra 2 weeks for no reason, its not like you're getting something special for waiting those 2 weeks, there is no point in me posting pictures since there are so many. it connected to the internet fairly quickly and I haven't had issues with it yet, nor do I think I will.

hope we Canadians can rejoice together soon:)

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Suggest everyone keep calling Microsoft Store daily for an update. They log the calls, so head office will realize they have pissed people off.

Oh, I'm pretty sure they have that idea already.

Here's the thing: they apologized and compensated us. Great. But they still haven't addressed the problem. Everyone is still "in process" and we have no idea if it's shipping now or later. No eta on delivery. Nothing.

BTW - about that credit - you have one chance to use it and only one. If you make a purchase of say, 10.00, the balance will not carry over. It's a one time thing.

Last edited:

Tomerunlocks

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. Which store should I pick? The one in Edmonton or the one in Toronto? Both are about 1300 km away. Touch choice...:p

Pfft, no big deal. Jump on your private jet and come over here to Toronto ;)

but seriously, Microsoft should of really spread the stores out better, or added more stores at least.. There is only one in the GTA, and that is in the Eaton Centre. There's another one, but it's still being built. Overall, I'm happy with my decision to buy it. Very happy.

ShPhoenix

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Pfft, no big deal. Jump on your private jet and come over here to Toronto ;)

but seriously, Microsoft should of really spread the stores out better, or added more stores at least.. There is only one in the GTA, and that is in the Eaton Centre. There's another one, but it's still being built. Overall, I'm happy with my decision to buy it. Very happy.

I'm completely lost as to why there aren't pop-up stores in most of the major centers. 3 stores for the country is a bit low.

Just tried to call the 877 number for store to get 'oh sorry we're closed call back when were open' with no indication as to when that actually is. Probably Monday at 8AM EST or something. Rethinking that whole 'don't want to drive to Edmonton' thing...

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I did not get a credit for the Surface, it ordered on Tuesday. Wonder if I am too late for the cut off. Called today to get an update on shipping time and the person answering my call was useless. Felt like of bad for her, seemed like she had been provided no information. Oh well it will arrive soon enough and glad to read people are enjoying their experiences so far.

Will get Windows 8 to keep me busy tomorrow LOL

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll be setting up win 8 on my desktop over the weekend and will hopefully keep me sane while i wait for my surface. ;) Hopefully it will be here by at least the 30th and if all else fails by the 2nd. I would cancel and go to a popup store if it were actually within a reasonable distance.

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
My Surface still has not even been picked up by UPS. I am looking at Wednesday at the earliest and will be happy just to have it by next weekend. I think MS will need to up the ante if it is not here by Friday.

snailium

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I got the email from Microsoft Store saying my Surface has been shipped.

See attached screenshot.

The tracking number doesn't work yet. I'm hoping the delivery on Monday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria