SMS/Phone Filter Not Working on Amber

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I blocked 2 random numbers I don't know and one of those numbers was blocked again as it showed up on my live tile. I mainly use it to block my sister in law cause she sends stupid videos bia YouTube. I don't know if you can separate SMS only and not the call incase its an emergency.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Working for me as well after the update.
Glad to see this has been fixed. I was starting to believe that Verizon didn't want us to have the feature.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
What steps are you guys using to block calls/sms as I have looked and I cannot for the life of me figure it out. I have done the GDR3 update.

mrZoSo

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
What steps are you guys using to block calls/sms as I have looked and I cannot for the life of me figure it out. I have done the GDR3 update.
Make sure you have extras+info installed, as it's part of that. If you don't have extras+info get SysApp Pusher and get it from there. if you do have extras+info installed and you don't see the filter, open it(extras+info) and tap on More info, wait about 5 seconds and you should see the filter back in Settings.

jt09xlt

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you have extras+info installed, as it's part of that. If you don't have extras+info get SysApp Pusher and get it from there. if you do have extras+info installed and you don't see the filter, open it(extras+info) and tap on More info, wait about 5 seconds and you should see the filter back in Settings.

OK got all this done but when I go to a number that I want to block under recent calls there is not a setting that I see anyway to get it on the block list.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I am using a 1020 on AT&T. I'm glad the issue was resolved for you guys. I do have a question. I was wondering if you guys had noticed a problem with mms messages still coming through on blocked numbers? SMS are blocked fine but it doesn't block mms from the same number.

Andreas

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Im new to Windows Phone and found this thread when searching the forum for blocked call not working.

I can add the number but sometimes it strips the + before country code so when the same number calls again it wont match the list of blocked number. However, when I try to re-add it says the number is already blocked.

Does GDR3 fix this and how do I get that? Is still just available for devs?