The NL930 is the only flagship from Microsoft this year.

afnan_mc

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
So, Tom Warren tweeted;

"Looks like Microsoft?s flagship Windows Phone is simply the Lumia 930 for 2014. If those Sony Windows Phones work out, could change"

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/494100640776593408

As much as I wish it was wrong, its unfortunate since its most likely true. Sure, HTC is working on a Windows version of the M8, and Sony might have something in store, but Windows Phone wouldn't be quite the experience on non-Lumia devices.

That said, I'm super exited for Threshold since there seems to be a lot of things in store by then. Please don't screw that up too, Microsoft.

Last edited:

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I would love to see a Xperia device with Windows. Xperia back to it's root, as it started out as a Windows phone series! They should have some extra stuff too like Lumias, as they were one of the most popular Windows devices back around 2008. That way, we can survive without a new flagship. Maybe a 930 with Glance and the classic look would be nice (935?)

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
So, OP, you want Microsoft to put out how many flagships per year? Go ahead and let them know, as I'm sure you're much smarter than them and they will listen.

Svoboda

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
This is exactly the beetle-headed decision making that will keep Microsoft from seriously challenging iOS and Android.

The Lumia 920 was released September 5, 2012 and most of the US carriers started carrying them in early November. I know AT&T didn't release them until November 2 because that was the date they finally had them in stock and I picked 3 of them up for my family. This means most of the folks that were early adopters to WP8 will have few choices unless they want to settle on something like the 930 or pick an even older phone when their two-year contracts expire. They missed an absolute golden opportunity, especially if folks have had a great experience with their 920.

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I sincerely hope the reason for this is because WP8.1 devices are incompatible with Threshold, and Microsoft are trying to avoid the WP7 disaster by not having their customers buy new devices right before the release.
Otherwise Microsoft is just shooting itself in the foot.

afnan_mc

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
So, OP, you want Microsoft to put out how many flagships per year? Go ahead and let them know, as I'm sure you're much smarter than them and they will listen.

I take it you mean the 1520 and the 930 for this year, yes? The 1520 is a tad bit niche considering it's size. The 930 seems like a good replacement for my 920. If it weren't for the fact that its 6 months too late. Many others, including me were really looking forward to the McLaren, but since that's out of the water, Microsoft is bound to have lost some users. I was very much looking forward to a 925 successor, but guess Ill have to wait until next year now.

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Threshold and 8.1 are completely compatible. If threshold used the Linux kernel instead of windows NT, it might be a problem.

zyriak

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
This is exactly what I thought about since Im in the same situation, my two year contract expires in November (can change 90 days before) so I was really hoping for a flagship device during the autumn as I have been so pleased with my 920. now im not sure what to do, get the 930 or wait til the spring...

Fiann

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Well there is supposed to be the 1525 and rumors persist of a green 1520 as well. Hope one of them shows up soon. Need a new device bad.

GrandSpartan117

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Im stuck in the same spot. I need a new phone because my 920 is starting to head south. Headphone jack is broken and only has the left channel and its pretty dinged up and scratched up. I was really hoping for a new flagship or even the green 1520 but im beginning to get impatient.

Robert Warmerdam

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I thought The mclaren was a Phone microsoft was working on before nokia was officially a part of microsoft.
So i would think Nokia was/ is working in something as well before the transfer was finished.

Sorry for my grammar, English is not my primary language

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
If this is true this ship is sinking and the rats are already jumping off. It's dad that MS has to do this to itself every time things look up.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I thought The mclaren was a Phone microsoft was working on before nokia was officially a part of microsoft.
So i would think Nokia was/ is working in something as well before the transfer was finished.

Sorry for my grammar, English is not my primary language

McLaren has been canceled.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte