Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

yokyto

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Balasundar Unfortunately you can change sim cards but with positive result on Cyan and WP 8.1 official. Software and firmware and software more are designed for specific country and providers and connected with product code of your phone and there is no way to change this unique number. You can install different rom with help of Nokia Care Suit but software are sometimes personalized by providers. For this for example here in the Europe we can use different rom because of the some language package but in soft for Germany has different structure and has different add-on than software for the same model of phone. I have checked 3 different ROM for nokia L925 but with some differences. My result was very simple to use software which is specifically tailored for my phone in my country I have reached the best results. Remember there are some technical differences no matter provider has the same name in different countries O, Tmob Vodafone etc

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Indians all complaining, Europeans and Orientals rejoicing, US Verizon/TMo customers furious and ticked off.

If this is what MS wanted they are doing a wonderful job.

Last edited by a moderator:

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Got Cyan yesterday for my Lumia 520 on Vodafone Ireland. Best update ever. I hope Cortana comes with the next update.
I asked Vodafone Ireland on their facebook page when is Cyan coming last Sunday and I got a reply from them saying they asked their mobile team and they said its still in development stages and low and behold yesterday I got the update. If your still in the "Under Testing" stage on the Nokia firmware tracker on the Nokia support site you could try facebooking your mobile carrier they may get the update process quicker for you.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Not me. I'm on GiffGaff so should have came when o2 released their update.

It goes off the phone's ROM. Doesn't matter if it's been unlocked after market - the update checks what network (if any) the phone was originally registered to. For example, a phone on EE that gets unlocked, will still be tied to their release schedule for updates - regardless of the currently inserted SIM's network. Factory unlocked however (aka SIM Free, or Country Variant), appear to have a convoluted schedule all of their own.

Sgthree

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Not me. I'm on GiffGaff so should have came when o2 released their update.

Not necessarily, depends on the country code on the ROM on your phone. I am on GiffGaff, bought the phone sim-free on Amazon, but ROM code is Middle east (L820, ends in 1002), so am having to wait for that region to get themselves sorted (if people in that region don't blow each other off the face of the planet first!!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michaelj