Track WP8.1 + Lumia Cyan Rollout!

lunario

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm tired of waiting for AT&T to release the update for the 1020. Wanted to flash it with Rogers ROM. Nokia Care Suite doesn't want to let that happen. Any suggestions on how to go about this?

use navifirn to download the rom then use nokia care suite in recovery mode to install it

lunario

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Tried that. Got an error saying the platform image does mot match. Oh well. I tried. I was trying to use the updated Rogers cyan ROM, and flash my AT&T model.

I think at& t roms have a digital signature so MODEL_ID don't match you can only flash at& t roms if that's the error

lunario

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Tried that. Got an error saying the platform image does mot match. Oh well. I tried. I was trying to use the updated Rogers cyan ROM, and flash my AT&T model.
if FFU ROOT match, but, probably , MODEL_ID not same and signature check not pass so you can only flash AT & T roms

Rare1202

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Cyan + 8.1 is turning your phone into a whole new phone almost, with better firmware and OS design than 8.0. FOR FREE when they'd rather you buy a new phone.

Greedy capitalist a holes e.e

Seems this would make it even less likely existing verizon 8.0 users get it. They have little to gain other than to appease the niche market that is us.
WP had to see this coming actually, getting tripped at every turn, then ultimately knowing carriers would delay and delay until it made sense for them. If Verizon is indeed the final hurdle it may never make sense to put the update on anything but new phones.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Its the same posts day after flipping day. Why can't anyone wait? You aren't entitled to an update. There's no law stating any carrier MUST provide you the update at all. If some of you feel the carriers are conspiring to make you buy new phones, I'm sure that's one hell of a class action.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's any conspiracy.. if it were, then I think it would just be "unavailable" instead of "under testing". To me it just begs the question when everyone carrying the 1020 elsewhere in the world including Canada - all carriers, all CVs have the update and AT&T is the only one missing. Just sayin..

Kev P

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it's any conspiracy.. if it were, then I think it would just be "unavailable" instead of "under testing". To me it just begs the question when everyone carrying the 1020 elsewhere in the world including Canada - all carriers, all CVs have the update and AT&T is the only one missing. Just sayin..

And 3UK Dont have it. They said it was but on day release, found a "bug" hence delays for 1020

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bill S