Virus or adware on windows phone running latest Windows 10 build.

syousaf

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I am facing the same issue on my laptop and my windows phone. I reset the phone, uninstalled unnecessary apps but the ads are still there. Can some one please post how to resolve the issue. I can't browse any site on my phone. With every site it first redirects to an advertisement. Checked on different browsers as well.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I am facing the same issue on my laptop and my windows phone. I reset the phone, uninstalled unnecessary apps but the ads are still there. Can some one please post how to resolve the issue. I can't browse any site on my phone. With every site it first redirects to an advertisement. Checked on different browsers as well.

Common iussue : the problem is IN YOUR WIFI ROUTER, not in pc and phone!
Open menu router and check dsn settings: I bet they are not in auto. Put them to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 or use Open DNS.
It's a common home router security bug, check google for a firm update or the security roundabout (very easy)
Windows phone can't get virus due its architecture, but can't stop dns redirecting advertises if they are routed in the home / office lan

Last edited:

syousaf

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
How can it be a problem with the router. I have three different routers and internet connections at my office. And i face the same issue on all of them. On
my phone i use 3G. I am already using 8.8.8.8 DNS. No extension/add-ons or unnecessary softwares are installed. I get ads powered by DnsUnlocker.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
How can it be a problem with the router. I have three different routers and internet connections at my office. And i face the same issue on all of them. On
my phone i use 3G. I am already using 8.8.8.8 DNS. No extension/add-ons or unnecessary softwares are installed. I get ads powered by DnsUnlocker.

Google Search: it's a common router bug spread all over the world since 2 year. Did you cleared cache, cookies and chrono on your phone? Yes. So the problem is out the phone. Try browsing connectin to a wifi free mall or restaurant or etc.

I resolved 3 affected phones by curing their office routers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria