When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I bought it from ebay. I took a total long shot on a poorly described item. You won't believe it if I tell you, but the final bid was around $130, and I had a $20 coupon. I thought it was a 985 from the pics, but I wasn't certain. The ad wasn't very good, so I wasn't sure.

When it came in, I had no idea what to expect. To my great surprise, it was a 985, carrier 000-US.

I have two of them coming in, but they both have cracked screens. I am trying to decide if I want to replace the LCD assemblies, or just sell them cracked. I usually decide that after I get them and test them.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I should add to my lucky story above, that I did the same thing with another one a week before on Ebay. It had no branding on the back, so I thought it could be a 985. When I got it, it was a beat up 983, locked to ATT.

I resold that one, and ate about $15 on it in the whole transaction.

So, I took a chance, got unlucky, then took another, and got lucky.

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Just looked, seems they still have them. I just hadn't searched. I just had been looking at the no carrier phones, and the 830 wasn't listed there.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I just found a seller on ebay selling brand new ones for $220. It doesn't specify which model it is, so I've emailed them to ask. The seller is either Korea or HK - don't remember which.

LaVike

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought my 983 from the MS Store in March. I took mine into the local kiosk and told them about all of the problems I've been having with mine. They said that another employee also had the 983 and had the same problems. The MS employees said that the 983 was a PoS. I asked them if there was anything I could do and they let me return my 983 and I got a 985. So, as I said earlier, if you have issues with it, make a stink and you might get some response.

BTW, my BT AND wifi issues are fixed. I still have an issues with turn-by-turn directions but things are so much better.

ATT should be ashamed of themselves for not updating the 983!

So the moral is, if you are going to get a Windows Phone, don't buy one that is carrier locked.

Especially with all of the "new" functionality in Win10, don't buy anything that doesn't have all of the functionality out of the box.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a viable resolution now. I was offered 50% of the price of the phone. The reasoning was sound to me, I did get almost a year of use out of the phone, The next flagships are coming out in the next couple months, I figure I would just wait it out and use the refund towards the purchase of the new phone. I will however wait a while before buying the 950 to make sure it has all of the advertised functions.

He said that the 830 probably did not pass the certification tests they put them through. I still feel that was crap since the unlocked variant works just fine with the full denim on it. I think AT&T was just being lazy.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a viable resolution now. I was offered 50% of the price of the phone. The reasoning was sound to me, I did get almost a year of use out of the phone, The next flagships are coming out in the next couple months, I figure I would just wait it out and use the refund towards the purchase of the new phone. I will however wait a while before buying the 950 to make sure it has all of the advertised functions.

He said that the 830 probably did not pass the certification tests they put them through. I still feel that was crap since the unlocked variant works just fine with the full denim on it. I think AT&T was just being lazy.
Noahma, did you file a formal BBB complaint? If so, can you post it here? If not, what actions did you take to get to a partial refund resolution?

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Noahma, did you file a formal BBB complaint? If so, can you post it here? If not, what actions did you take to get to a partial refund resolution?

You can read the complaint on the main page, it was the basis for Daniels article last week regarding the update

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

I've received notification that my complaint has been filed and I received a form email from someone from AT&T that says they are reviewing it. I will update this thread when I have more info. I'm happy that the resolution you got is satisfactory for you.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not true at all,,Rogers in Canada has had the Update for months

Welcome to the site Mike...

I think we need some context, however. Your comment does not follow from any of the posts immediately above yours. If you clicked reply in response to some post earlier in the thread we can not tell which on that was...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lenitana