When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chas488

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I was on the phone with Microsoft and ATT for over a hour with each one. I told them you sold me a phone last month on a 2 year contract witch Microsoft or Att is never going to update. Microsoft just wrote me off saying sorry nothing we can do. Att wants me to take my phone to a device center and see if they can flash it. I always got the idea of getting something new was supposed to be an enjoyable time. I did get this in a email today from Microsoft.
Hi, charlesuo. We understand your interest for this update. Rest assured that we're working with AT&T to bring the Lumia Denim on your phone. You may regularly visit our software update page to track its status: Availability in North America. Thanks for your patience.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi, charlesuo. We understand your interest for this update. Rest assured that we're working with AT&T to bring the Lumia Denim on your phone. You may regularly visit our software update page to track its status: Availability in North America. Thanks for your patience.
same rubbish we've all been getting from ATT and MS since they released the phone.
ATT: flash it with what? You can do that yourself with the Windows Phone Recovery Tool from MS. It will NOT give you full Denim of course.

LaVike

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm really sorry to the folks who bought from ATT. I bought an ATT branded phone from the MS Store when they had their fire sale on them and I thought that it was going to be updated. For some brainwashed reason, I thought the 983 would perform better than a non-ATT one. What a dolt maneuver that was!!!!

I ended up going back to an MS Kiosk near Boulder, Colorado and told them about my Bluetooth & wifi issues. I told them I thought mine was defective. One of the guys that worked there said that a co-worker of his had also bought the 983 when it was on sale and the co-worker had the same issues that I was having. They said that the only L830 they have seen that has issues is the 983. They let me return my 983 and I picked up a 985. So, I would recommend that if you bought your 983 from ATT, you are having issues with it and you have an MS store/kiosk near you, that you see if you can return your 983 and pickup a 985.

BTW, the 985 fixed just about all of my issues. I running one more thing down that has to do with turn-by-turn directions being cut off but the 985 is treating me much better.

Good luck!

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: When will AT&T Lumia 830 get PROPER Denim update?

I will stop by the kiosk tonight and talking to them , same kiosk by the way, I've been having Bluetooth issues alot!! Won't keep connections, won't connect etc.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I will stop by the kiosk tonight and talking to them , same kiosk by the way, I've been having Bluetooth issues alot!! Won't keep connections, won't connect etc.
Both my wife and I never had BT issues with our RM-983s by the way (certainly not mine as I've been using it with the Band without any issues). I wouldn't say it is across the board.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

Both my wife and I never had BT issues with our RM-983s by the way (certainly not mine as I've been using it with the Band without any issues). I wouldn't say it is across the board.

true, the severity of the issue seems random. I've had my 830 (att :) ) for a month and only had a bluetooth issue twice (bluetooh would not work, switching it off would "freeze" it off) and a wifi issue once (same as the bluetooth)

to me, being on smartphones for a LONG time, seem like a minor issue, but seem mostly fixed wih a firmware update.... the one at&t is sitting on.....

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

I usually have to reset the phone daily to get it to accept connections. And even then some times the connections stop within min.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

I usually have to reset the phone daily to get it to accept connections. And even then some times the connections stop within min.

which means your 830 drew the short straw! amazing that at&t would rather offer refunds (or partial) vs giving a straight answer on the update. your bbb request was the only one that got a "no"

LaVike

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

We should get together and compare notes on the L830 since you are up here. Hey, maybe there is an issue with the 983 when it above a mile high in altitude? :)

I had to reset mine constantly. The 985 is rock solid compared to my 983.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

We should get together and compare notes on the L830 since you are up here. Hey, maybe there is an issue with the 983 when it above a mile high in altitude? :)

I had to reset mine constantly. The 985 is rock solid compared to my 983.

lol. Can't do that now. I stopped in and talked to the guys (and gal) at the Kiosk and they said they knew ALL about the bluetooth problems, I described the issues I had with it and they stated that it was most likey the firmware, and since AT&T was not going to be releasing it they would exchange my device for the carrier free varriant because of the defect. I am still getting it setup, but I am happy now. They said it would fix my bluetooth issues. they had me do a survey for them, which I was MORE than happy to do. Now, as much as I am still ticked off with AT&T, I cannot in good concience keep the credit they added to my account, so I will send an email to the rep that handled my complaint and ask him to remove the credit, and that I solved the issue another way.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Now, as much as I am still ticked off with AT&T, I cannot in good concience keep the credit they added to my account, so I will send an email to the rep that handled my complaint and ask him to remove the credit, and that I solved the issue another way.
The trouble and painful hours of trying to figure this out by refreshing and resetting and the problems with dealing with ATT to get this straightened out including you driving to the store etc., makes this even in my opinion. I would let them figure this out if I were you. Cool that they exchanged this for you right there, that's MS for us.

lbeezy2188

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
So guys I just got off chat with att. This is the answer I got about the update

AT&T : Upon checking with the Nokia Lumia Windows 8.1 Denim, we do not have it launched yet.

AT&T : For the Nokia lumia 830.

Me : I see

AT&T : For some phones, This software update corrects a problem in some versions of Windows Phone 8.1 that could cause a phone to restart periodically.

AT&T : The update being offered is a fix for this problem and is applied to the base operating system.

AT&T : By the time that it is fixed, we should let 830 be updated, too. :)

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Now, as much as I am still ticked off with AT&T, I cannot in good concience keep the credit they added to my account, so I will send an email to the rep that handled my complaint and ask him to remove the credit, and that I solved the issue another way.
You have earned that credit and have done an invaluable service for the community. Keep it!

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So guys I just got off chat with att. This is the answer I got about the update

AT&T : Upon checking with the Nokia Lumia Windows 8.1 Denim, we do not have it launched yet.

AT&T : For the Nokia lumia 830.

Me : I see

AT&T : For some phones, This software update corrects a problem in some versions of Windows Phone 8.1 that could cause a phone to restart periodically.

AT&T : The update being offered is a fix for this problem and is applied to the base operating system.

AT&T : By the time that it is fixed, we should let 830 be updated, too. :)
The update the ATT rep is referring to was already pushed out to certain Lumia phones with the reboot issue. This has nothing to do with the Denim firmware update for the L830 and the ATT rep is confusing the two.
The ATT L830 doesn't even have 8.1 update 2. They better hide than embarass themselves with their misleading, useless answers.

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
why not just register with the windows phone insider program? I have an unlocked 830 and within a few moments I was already updating the device to the current MS build for 8.1 with Cortana and all of the new features including the new segmented settings menu

Lumia Denim

Firmware update notifier 1.2.12.1
Lumia first use experience 1.11.2.1
Lumia share 2.5.1.0
Rate us 2.8.0
Manufacturer Name
RM-984_1000

Core build 6230.54
build creation date
6/15/2015

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
does not matter, you can get the latest WP 8.1 build through the insider program... and if you have a developer preview account you can even install wp 10....

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
that's right, and THAT's what gives you access to the features you are looking for like Cortana... Even my old Nokia Lumia 810 is currently running the software update that shows it as Denim and all of the current features of WP 8.1 work just fine despite the firmware being on the Cyan update.

ATT is most likely NOT going to advance the firmware further... so deal with it by using the developer account to get what you want. This is most likely the ONLY way you are going to get WP 10 when it is ready for prime time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRmodapk