Windows 8.1 vs Lollipop or Kit Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I almost considered android(the htc m8) yesterday when I was getting my iPhone and honestly it really doesn't matter what android can do more and better than windows phone that entire ui is horrendous to me as well as the experience of it. And material design just bugs me.

undulose

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Efficiently or not, there are things the Nexus can do which the 1520 can't because of the newer specifications. For one thing it supports voice commands even when the phone is off.

It has a 2K display coupled with a Snapdragon 805 processor which allows for faster shot processing and tons of other improvements, and despite graphics already being better on Android the Adreno 420 will also provide a massive boost in graphics quality and speed.

And Android doesn't experience "resuming" and usually gets apps to open up and multitask faster than Windows Phone but still the Nexus 6 will be able to multitask even better because of 3GB RAM.

Also go ask anyone still rocking a Nexus 4 how their phone is running two years later on Android 5.0 and I'm sure they'll tell you how much faster it has gotten compared to the original 4.2

Please for gods sakes educate yourself before spewing out what you consider "facts".

There are also things that 1520 can do that the Nexus 6 cannot. There's no Smart Camera in Android that let's you group several shots in a single frame, like this:

9d4d4e512478842a4fd7c0d6e43f7b0a.jpg

The ClearBlack display makes the screen legible under sunlight without brightening the screen to its brightest. I can shoot and save in RAW. The list goes on, and that's with features are with a hardware which is even less than the Nexus 6 (i.e. Processor and RAM). Isn't that something that tells us the specs race is a gimmick?

About multitasking, it's the reason why Android shows lag more frequently than the other OS'es. iOS isn't fully capable of that, but battery life on iPads (I really removed iPhones) is much stellar than its Android counterparts.

Android doesn't experience resuming but it lags and crashes. It tries to show things faster compared to the other OS'es. That's why I made my launcher show animations and transitions in a 'relaxed' mode to slow the movements.

My sister has the Nexus 7 OG (that came from me) which was bought last January 2013 but no, the tablet was not faster even with the update.

Vincentius Dalton

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I almost considered android(the htc m8) yesterday when I was getting my iPhone and honestly it really doesn't matter what android can do more and better than windows phone that entire ui is horrendous to me as well as the experience of it. And material design just bugs me.

IMO Google's material design is "heavily inspired" by Windows' but not as pure as Windows'.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Developer unlocking allows that.

Its been more than a year since he purchased 925. At that time there was no DP. He did the exact same thing with his old Lumia 710. MS came out with DP so that people would get to use some of the features of the official updates, it'll never allow users to download apps/games from unknown sources unless you jailbreak your phone.

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
You might be comfortable with the targeted ad model, but I am not. :) I have no problem with TV ads, billboards, etc., though, since they aren't targeted. My problem is the targeted ad model and since it is the primary way Google makes money, I avoid them as much as I can now.
I think I'd prefer to see ads based on stuff I'd actually use over being forced to watch adult diaper commercials on TV.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This thread was done about 2 pages ago.
Since it appears to be starting to nosedive we'll just call it complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria