Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Bad news... I won't be buying another one.... One of my regular taxi jobs is a guy who works with Microsoft. He is giving me his 1520 (?) when he receives his new 950xl!!!! Sweet. He is a nice guy and I pick up lots of snippets from him. Etiquette means what happens in the cab, stays in the cab. I do quite well out of Microsoft and him, fare wise 😁. It kills me sometimes when I see things, and I can't respond. No, I am NOT a BS jockey. If I had to, I could prove it.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Long time WP fan who left for good earlier this year. Tried IP6 hatted it and dumped it on Ebay. Tried GN5 hatted it and sent it back.
I think the phone I want does not exist. I'm currently using a Lg g Pro2 and really want a next flagship LG 5.7 inch + phone.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
HOW? I have a Lollipop tablet, never seen that option.

Depending on which OEM you picked, the place where you control it in the settings will vary. On Sony phones you can control it either via the "apps" option on settings, via "power management" or via "data usage".

Now you mentioned you have Lollipop so there I can't really assured you as I refused the Lollipop update on my Z3C because I won't be putting up with the new horrible designs it brings. So if Google shuffled that around I can't say.
But you can always head over to the Android Central Forums and I'm sure someone there will be able to help you with your specific device case ;)

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I wont ever go under contract (AT&T) for a Windows Phone again. If they build a true high end flagship I may think about it. These new phone dont qualify as high end.

HTC Surround
Nokia 920
Nokia 1020
Nokia 520

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
My problem with Window phones is so many helpful apps are created for Android and I-phones,
but not for Window phones. I send email to the companies and don't get an answer if they will be
creating one for Windows. Chase bank had one, and decided to drop it and don't expects to
have one. Bank of America also pulled their app. I have a Windows 10 test phone, and glad I
have a main phone to use, because the windows 10 phone has a BIG problem with (resuming
and loading) when it should be displaying the start screen after the phone is unlocked. When
a phone is picked up for use, it must show the start screen right away after unlocking, for me
what if I have an emergency or a friend has one, the minute waiting for the start screen is critical
so 911 can be called.

Bondte

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, and for a simple reason. WP is easy to use and hasn?t let me down.

I don't like to change platforms. Only about 1 year ago I gave up on blackberry just because I wasn't able to get a BB10 device here. I don't really favor Apple and for some reason I find it hard to work with android. Specs and jingles aren't important, reliability is. Apps can be annoying, but then again I come from the blackberry world where apps availability were way worse and I never got a chance to see whether the google stuff worked well or not on BB.

WP is not perfect but nothing is. As long as I can manage files, personal office 365 and work office 365 for business without problems you don't hear me complaining.

The ultimate phone for me though would be a blackberry quality build, slider with keyboard, note 5, with windows phone os. That's one thing I have to give Samsung, that note series with pen is impressive. But after a full year I still miss the BB keyboard (I struggle with touch) and I am pretty happy with WP os

Daniel Frankovitch

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
If MS can ever figure out how to support a device, then I might stay on WP. I love the phone, the UI, and the entire experience. What I do not love is that by sticking with WP, I am ensured to always be the red-headed stepchild of the phone economy.

No NFC payments, no bank app, no support for the apps I want to use, apps that I do use get dropped (MSN Health and Fitness especially here. - don't suggest other crap or tell me to buy an MS Band - the app was exactly what I wanted, and now it is gone)

MS bought an entire hardware division from Nokia. And in that time they released a load of cheap handsets that did nothing to improve the market share for WP. Now they are finally going to introduce a new flagship. This is Zune all over again. I have a Lumia 928, and it is a great phone, but it wasn't built by MS, it was built by Nokia. And while I can appreciate the quality in some of the devices released by MS, I cannot help but question why they spread out the product line into so many different things, rather than focusing on a few that would allow for actual growth in market share.

More power to you guys that have no doubts about the future of WP. I, however, am tired of backing something and then watching MS kill or ignore it until there is nothing left. I want to have hope, but MS seems to have no real desire for the phone market. This was Balmer's baby, and sadly, I think it is going to follow him out the door.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I am seriously disappointed in Microsoft's customer care service and also in Microsoft.

I bought a Lumia 535 and it has terrible touch issue. Even after all the firmware updates, the problem still remained. So, I went to the customer care(Gulshan, Dhaka, Bangladesh branch) at 27th August and they accepted my phone and said that if the problem is a hardware problem, then it may take some time to fix it since they may need to bring spare parts from abroad.

Then 3days later they called me and said it indeed is a hardware problem(which Microsoft never confessed officially) and that within 15th September they would return the phone.

At 13th September I called them and they said they may not be able to return my phone within 15th and they will return it before 25th.

But yesterday I called again(since it was the original delivery date) and they said that the spare parts arrived and I would get my phone back within two days(within 17th September).

So I called today again and now they are saying they will return it within 23rd.

I became really angry and was kind of shouting at the guy who received the phone and he just hung up on my face..!!

1. Why a reputed company like Microsoft need almost a month to fix a phone?

2. Why can't they keep their own word? Why they are changing the dates every time I call them?

3. And why is their customer operator's behavior so rude?

3. Why would they manufacture and sell thousands of defected phone in the first place?

4. Even then why did they never admit that it's a hardware problem?

Now I wish I never bought a windows phone! I really don't believe them and that they will really return my phone before 23rd.

SO NO, I HAVE LEARNED MY LESSON..!!! NO MORE MICROSOFT PHONE FOR ME..!!!

Same here, I'm from Punjab.
Also its resale value is 3500 ( bought it since Jan at ₹9500/-), which makes me feel my mistake .

Definitely no to MS phones. They decreased Nokia's image & its resale value also..

bradm77

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Here are the phones I have owned the last few years........ Lumia 1520, Lumia 1020 (a yellow one and a black one), Lumia Icon, Lumia 928, and an HTC One M8 for Windows! I think that qualifies me as WP fan.

I just preordered an IPhone 6S Plus. It's not so much that Microsoft is losing the battle, it's that they aren't even trying to fight anymore!! I picked up an IPhone 6 as a holdover until the 6S Plus arrives and quite frankly, the SELECTION of Microsoft apps and QUALITY of Microsoft apps on IOS is far, far better than what is on Windows Phone (8.1 or 10 Mob Prev)!!!

I know quitters never win and winners never quit, but why are we all still swinging when the referee has already rang the bell and raised Google and Apple's hands over their heads in victory?

So............. to answer the thread title - No. No I wont buy another MSFT Mobile device, because in another year or two, there won't be any of them to buy anyway.

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying I'll never buy a MSFT Mobile device again, but I'm definitely going to be holding off. Just bought a Galaxy Note 5 and so far, I'm really liking it. There are definitely some features I miss about Windows Phone, but the apps/services I'm gaining far outweigh those.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've been a WP die hard for a long time but I have to admit, even I am at a junction. I am willing to give this one more shot, and most probably will buy the new hardware when it comes out, but this is the end of the road for me if MSFT can't gel it together. I wont go through another rebuild/redesign. I'm very anti-apple so I will probably have to go to G. I really hope it doesnt come to that.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm with Mark on this one but I'm taking a further step. Every WP I wanted has been exclusive . The option of switching carrier is out of the question with 5 phone family plan. So I always had to get what I really did not want. Just to have a WP. This time around I'm not doing that. If the device I want is exclusives I'm not going to buy what I don't want.there are way to many nice devices out there currently even if it means going Android. You see I wont be leaving WP as I feel they have left me exclusive hurt I'm hopping they have learned from the past. If not gone.

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I've been a WP die hard for a long time but I have to admit, even I am at a junction. I am willing to give this one more shot, and most probably will buy the new hardware when it comes out, but this is the end of the road for me if MSFT can't gel it together. I wont go through another rebuild/redesign. I'm very anti-apple so I will probably have to go to G. I really hope it doesnt come to that.

My thoughts exactly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99