Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

LiquidLearner

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
No. Because I have no individuality. I am feeling left behind by all of the other sheepy conformist followers of the cool crowd. You think Windows has a large gap? My gap spreads so wide for Android's super cool OS. I'll do anything to be like the rest of the awesome non-Windows phone owners.

I'm sorry, but avoiding something because it's popular is just as bad as buying something because it's popular. I got an Android because I was tired of paying into the Icon knowing full well there won't be a flagship W10 phone on Verizon anytime soon. And I've been perfectly happy with it. My services all work, I still have Cortana, I still have OneDrive, Office still works fine for what I need on mobile. Other apps that I used work better and have more features. And my bank actually still has apps for Android. I like W10M quite a bit but I won't give up my choice of network for it. Nor will I buy another low end device like I did with the Trophy.

Oh, and the Focused inbox for Outlook on Android is really nice. No idea why that feature was left out of Outlook on W10M.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raman1234

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
yes, I will buy. My wife has Moto X. even after disabling touchless control, it pops up "Ok google now" and it happens whenever she speaks or cartoon characters speaks in tv.
Not able to listen music with it. very annoying.

NoFlames

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Absolutely, I can't stand Apple lock-in and high prices, and I don't like Google's approach to privacy (lack of).

I have a 1520 that I will upgrade to Windows 10 to tide me over until the flagship hands on reviews. I may end up going mid market with my next phone depending on the price on the flagships. I'll be running windows mobile so long as it's a viable option properly supported by Microsoft.

Bartholomaus

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Replacing my iPhone 5 with a 930 tomorrow, definitely anxious to find out the answer to this question.
I hope it gets along with my iMac, Macbook and iPad.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
If for the foreseeable future I can buy a mid-range phone off-contract for $200 or less running on the Windows Phone platform, I'll be happy. I'm seeing less and less reason to own a device that is easily worth as much or twice as much as a monthly car payment. Let me spend $80 (like the Lumia 640) and get a device that does what I need. Then I can just pay my car payment. But once we get over the $200 threshold, that's when I'm going to debate going with Android.

Drehood

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm up for an upgrade and am just waiting for the new Windows 10 Mobile flagships to arrive. So yes, I will buy another Windows mobile device, and can't wait.

NMCynthia

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the Icon, which I dearly love, and have the Fitbit Surge fitness watch which I bought when it first came out early this year. The Fitbit app for Windows 8 is great, and they also have a mobile app. (I'm still on W8.1 on the Icon ... I'm going to wait until W10 is final to change.) Check it all out! The Surge does everything that you could hope for in a fitness watch!

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I have 3 upgrades on Verizon and my 928 is on it's last legs. Am waiting for Cityman and Talkman or HTC One until the Intel phone in the spring. I will absolutely buy another Windows mobile vs the alternatives.

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I switched from my L830 to the Galaxy Note 5 a week ago and I'm very happy with the switch. Not gonna lie, I do miss the live tiles but I'm not missing anything else really. MS made it so easy for me to switch. I have all my Office tools plus OneDrive and they all work flawlessly. I don't have a lot of faith in the upcoming WP10. Windows 10 official rollout was still a "not ready for primetime" release of the OS in my opinion. I own a SP2 and you would think that a device made exclusively by MS would have little to no problems with the new OS made by the same people. I have had a wealth of issues with my Surface since the upgrade. Overheating, battery drain, not going to sleep, issues with my type cover keyboard, and so on. Some have been resolved but not the big ones. My battery still drains rapidly enough that I have to charge daily. I never had to do that before. It still gets too hot and it still wakes up on its own, causing the fan to run constantly. I still believe in the WP and am going to take a wait and see attitude about it. Hopefully MS get get it all sorted out.

fishyuk

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Definitely. Can't believe how good my 1520 still is after more than 20 months. The insider programme whilst still a little rough today is great, especially as it will continue. I have a 930 also which I picked up unlocked in January virtually new for ?200.
Just hoping for a dual SIM 950XL as would prefer single phone now for work and home. Just can't get on with Android, I actually bought the 1520 to replace my work Android phone and am moving away from my Shield Tablet 5.1.1 to a Win10 tablet with an emulator for the odd android app I need. Each to their own :).

spazinvader

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't have much idea. Everything depends on the october event. 950/XL renders seems pretty bad in my opinion. I will wait until they are released and judge whether they look premium in my eyes or not. After all, I am going to replace my Lumia 920. Though it had a dual core processor and 1GB RAM(which was not a flagship spec even at the time it was released), it worked superb and also caught a lot of people's attention.

950/XL should have bold color options as well. If they are going to be just Black and white only, I am not interested. Also Windows 10 mobile seems completely immature for me. I agree that it is in beta stage but how much development we could expect in a short amount of time? My Lumia 640XL with Windows Phone 8.1 took lot better pictures than Windows 10 mobile. Right now, I am not even using it for taking pictures. Using only my Lumia 920(running Windows Phone 8.1).

For the lack of better words, Windows Phone 8.1 seems to be completely connected with all the hardware/software/apps it had. Windows 10 mobile seems to have only the basic functionality available. To be put blunt, I am not very happy with Windows 10 mobile, as of now. Hopefully things change for good soon and I will stay with Windows 10 mobile.

And to answer the question whether will I stay with Windows Phone? Yes. I will not upgrade my Lumia 920 and 640XL to Windows 10 mobile and stay on Windows Phone 8 until Windows 10 mobile gets better(again it's my opinion)

Joao Guerreiro

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the lumia 640 xl yesterday. This is my last attempt at windows mobile, if it picks up I will continue to support it, if it doesn't I'm going to change to android. I truly hope I don't have to...

mmerch

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking its time to take abreak from WP. I'm at a point where I need to upgrade my hand sets for the family, and the comparison in value is glaring. At present, I run a 1520, 930, 830, and two 635s for the FAM.

I'm settling on moving everyone to Asus Zenfone 2s and a generic WalMart plan, with a home base Skype capability. If WP closes the value gap, I'm confident that the Zens will be able to run the new OS.

As a total MS hound, I'm disappointed to have to make this call. But value is value.

RedVagabond

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I was seriously considering it. But then that blackberry leak with a physical keyboard stole my heart. I'm not a huge fan of android, even though I have a Z3 that is amazing (that battery and waterproofness). I had a Q10 and I kind of regret getting rid of it. That's how much I like physical keyboards. And yes I had a palm pre as well years ago. Add to it the apps that android has (credit union, wifi for my olympus camera, trello etc) and it would take something considerable for me to grab a WP at this point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss