WP8.1 GDR1 - update downloaded couldn't be opened

klcow

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
The update installed and run fine on my Lumia 920 (EE UK). Try soft reset, then make sure the date & time is correct on your device before downloading and installing the update. The update process was smooth but quite a long wait especially during the spinning gears process. Fingers crossed you guys will be able to get that installed. Screenshot attached :)

removed imei.png

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
No problems installing GDR1 on my Ativ S. Folders are implemented very well. Only now I can't access the WPC forums using my Phone, not even after a soft reset....
Edit: somehow the WPC app problem solved itself.

Last edited:

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Same on L920 w/Black on EE uk. Dev Preview and OS version is .899. on USA region settings as per the Cortana 'hack' but all else is as normal.
Had the unpack error twice now. ffs!

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Can you just go to settings and see if sensorcore options are available?
Thanks

Yes, they are available. I just don't know if they are really working. Once I go for a coffee break I'll let you know, if no one does it before.

For the BT4 LE testing... Well, I think I need something like a Nokia Treasure Tag which I don't have.

Sensorcore funcions are available. I tested them and they are working.

BT4 LE, someone else needs to test it because I don't have any BT4 LE device.

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Can you just go to settings and see if sensorcore options are available?
Thanks

Yes, they are available. I just don't know if they are really working. Once I go for a coffee break I'll let you know, if no one does it before.

For the BT4 LE testing... Well, I think I need something like a Nokia Treasure Tag which I don't have.

For sensor core you can use Bing health
Health & Fitness | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
TThanks for helping

That is what I used, bing health and fitness. :p

Juan Ignacio Donoso

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
This worked indeed.

I change my language to Portuguese (Brazil), restart and check for updates.... And worked fine...
Now is updated....

UPDATE: SORRY IT DIDN'T, it did update but not to 8.1 update 1 :(

Last edited:

gxsaurav

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
^ trying this method. Changed language from English India to Spanish. Lets see if this works. Right now downloaded an update.

Stefan Ilchev

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I was changed my language several times. First it wa Bulgarian, then ive changed to English, after that i tried with Spain, cus i am familiar with tha language also.. a little. The same error every try. Samsung Ativ S. I wont do hard reset , cus then i wont be able to install all my programs again. It will took a lot of time. Is there any chance for possible problem that, my cell is interop unlocked ?

mogrant

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
anyone have less than 3gb of free space?
according to the answer from microsoft "Also to install new update on the phone you need at least 3GB of free space on your phone, your battery have to be more then 50% full as well."

quezacolatus

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
925 in Japan, DP 8.1 + Cyan, same error. It's def something with the 925, so I believe it's from MS's side, and a fix in the future might help. I'm not ready to Hard Reset or use the Nokia tool, so will wait it out...drooling over all the cool features.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlimPulseWeightLoss