My phone is ruined... I think.

anon(9668900)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
So, having never hard-reset my Lumia 730 phone since... ever (I had Windows 8.1, then updated to Windows 10 build 100xx, and then kept on updating till the latest one), it had become really buggy, and so I decided to hard-reset.

So, my phone is basically ruined now.

1. Motion Data and SensorCore simply don't work. I've tried everything, but then the motion data app just says that there are no apps available. It used to show some stick dudes before, it isn't now.
  2. PCs no longer recognize my phone. It's just "USB device unrecognised".
  3. My phone doesn't seem to have improved at all.

Just two days ago, I have to soft-reset to get mobile data back. Apps hardly work unless they're opened twice.

Till now I've never been about all the lovely apps available for Android. Now, I'm seriously wondering whether it's really going to work for W10M. Android N's rumoured features really put this OS to shame. :eck:

Last edited by a moderator:

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So, having never hard-reset my Lumia 730 phone since... ever (I had Windows 8.1, then updated to Windows 10 build 100xx, and then kept on updating till the latest one), it had become really buggy, and so I decided to hard-reset.

So, my phone is basically ruined now.

1. Motion Data and SensorCore simply don't work. I've tried everything, but then the motion data app just says that there are no apps available. It used to show some stick dudes before, it isn't now.
  2. PCs no longer recognize my phone. It's just "USB device unrecognised".
  3. My phone doesn't seem to have improved at all.

Just two days ago, I have to soft-reset to get mobile data back. Apps hardly work unless they're opened twice.

Till now I've never been pissed off about all the lovely apps available for Android. Now, I'm seriously wondering whether it's really going to work for W10M. Android N's rumoured features really put this OS to shame. :eck:

Recover the phone selecting option Device not recognized for getting back 8.1. Or plug in charger and follow the hard reset key sequence for reinstalling last build.

"Lovely Android apps?" "Rumored N features?" LOL :evil:

anon(9668900)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Recover the phone selecting option Device not recognized for getting back 8.1. Or plug in charger and follow the hard reset key sequence for reinstalling last build.

The PC can't even communicate with the phone. It thinks it's a dead USB drive. It doesn't appear on This PC.

"Lovely Android apps?" "Rumored N features?" LOL :evil:

There are a lot of practical apps on Android that aren't there on WP, and they have all the functionality that one needs. Plus, Android N Beta is out, and they've basically ripped off the Windows Insider programme by "enabling OTA updates for Android N Preview if one signs up on the phone".

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
The PC can't even communicate with the phone. It thinks it's a dead USB drive. It doesn't appear on This PC.

The only way a Lumia is dead is when it doesn't switch on again (included display bright retroleds), and when on display appears "No boot device found, press a key".

Please, before prior commenting, first try it, and only then you reply. That was made for that iussues. elsewhere the legendary Nokia Care Suite, the suite for stores.

About N things, I continue consider android wide spaced from a cheap child toy to a extremely stylish cool expensive dandy toy. IMHO obviously ;) Respect your opinion

anon(9668900)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I've tried. My PC, and my Software Recovery Tool don't even see a mobile phone connected.

Well, when I say Android, I mean Nexus, nothing else. The nexuses are good, my friend has had a Nexus 5 for a few years now, and it runs very well without any lag or anything.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I've tried. My PC, and my Software Recovery Tool don't even see a mobile phone connected.

Well, when I say Android, I mean Nexus, nothing else. The nexuses are good, my friend has had a Nexus 5 for a few years now, and it runs very well without any lag or anything.

Did you select the proper option "Can't find my phone" ?
Another alternative is Lumia Phone Test Application

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Just a thought, is your PC running Windows 7, 8 or 10?
Back when I bricked my HTC M8 with Windows Phone 10 I couldn't find it on my Windows 7 Pro station with the recovery tool. Tried everything and thought my phone was dead.
Then I decided to try it on my Windows 10 Laptop and the recovery tool found it without issue and restored it back to factory settings.

anon(9668900)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Alright. I've solved the problem.

Here's what I did. None of the software suggested works, except for the Windows Device Recovery Tool with a timely soft-reset.

The trick is to soft reset the phone when WDRT looks for a phone, and that one moment where it resets and starts, the phone is detected (after which it's not detected again). Now, I download the firmware, and then click install. The phone is not detected, and it asks to "Try Again" or "Exit". I keep clicking "Try Again" and soft-reset the phone. If it coincides (the soft-reset and the try-again time), then WDRT detects the phone, and pushes the latest software into the phone (Which was Windows Phone 8.1 as of yesterday). Then, everything worked, and I did an OTA update to Windows 10 Mobile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon