what Windows phone do you have and how long does your battery last ?

lety26

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 521 and the battery lasts from 3-4 days as I don't use it much. The most I use it is for texting or phone calls. Very little internet use. If I heavy use my phone then battery lasts about a day to a day in a half.

EpicIncognitO

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
your not the only one who loves this OS we all do :)
Nokia Lumia 520.
To be honest, I am really happy with the phone battery so far. (I have had the phone for 5 days now). Around 8-10 hours of normal usage daily, surfing the web, checking-in on Facebook, posting a tweet whenever I do something, and playing games alot of games which have an achievement system built-in (Because I got to get dem' gamerscore points).
Also, the phone is great, I am always messing with the home screen tiles, always trying to position them in such a way that it looks flawless.
I LOVE YOU, Windows Phone 8. I LOVE YOU!

Oh, and by the way, is there like a topic where I can see the special offers in the store, I am always intrested in free games for a limited time which feature achievements.
Thanks!

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I own the AT&T branded 520

Normally, with casual to medium use, about 6 hours. Light use, about 9 hours. One major contributing factor for me is when I'm at work, the reception is God awful. At school and on my off days is when I see my best battery usage. This is some of my daily routines:

Texting
Email
Light web browsing
Heavy music listening
Checking bank and paypal and ebay

Today I went to work on a full charge while signed into facebook messaging (although I didn't have any messages). Composed a document on Office and saved it to skydrive, made a few calls, heavy text & email, and used the phone for about 20 minutes at home before I got the critically low message, which was still about 18% left.

Nemanja Pavlovic

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the 720 is a clear winner for sure, at least among the Lumias. The same battery as the 920 with half the hardware...

I'm pretty happy with my 920 battery life so far. Sometimes a bit unpredictable, but it lasts a workday no matter what. And I even rarely charge it past 80% (supposed to prolong the battery's life expectancy on the long run..).
What impressed me on one occasion is that if you switch off all of the "smart" features that make a smartphone it can easily last more than 3-4 days (which is really awesome for emergencies, put it on battery saver mode and forget about it). Of course on the other hand, you can go all out and drain it in 4-5 hours with lots of gaming and media...

Well in the end, a smartphone battery is like a lemon. The harder you squeeze it, the faster it runs out of juice :D

Edward Woodward1

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920
Was pretty poor befor Amber+GDR2 lasting about 8-10 hours on minimal-moderate use and about 2 days on standby with no use

After the update
It lasts about 20-26 hours with moderate use and up too 5-6 days on standby

Pieter Wolff

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 720 keeps on going from 18 to 40 hours, depending on use. Whatsapp always on, 3G or WiFi always on and also a couple of calls totalling 30-60 minutes a day. Longest time before charge was 45 hours. No complaints...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked Rogers Nokia Lumia 920 running on T-Mobile's network. It's running on GDR2/Amber since the middle of last month. Before the update, the battery would get me through a full day, sometimes a day and then some. Now, the battery tends to be even better - as in, I've seen 70% battery life 12 hours after removing the phone from the charger. There was an odd exception two days ago, though, where my phone's battery drained from 100% to around 61% within only three hours. But that could have just happened because I was in an area where I was getting only two bars of service and then nothing. Yesterday was normal again, still had around 65% or so after 12 hours.

Cinderella RT

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 720 here.
I charge it every 2 nights. Sometimes, I turn battery saver on close to the end of the second day of usage.
I don't know what heavy or light usage means, but I don't play much on it. Not making voice calls that much, either. Texting and browsing are the primary uses.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920 on GDR 2 and amber.
Heavy use with 20+ calls, 20+ sms, 100+ whatsapp, tethering to my Surface, photography, browsing, social networking, blogging.
wp_ss_20130502_0002.png

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
In vast contrast to my post from this morning, my battery life today has been absolutely atrocious, much worse than Friday. It was fully charged at around 9:45am and then when I was leaving the bowling alley where I bowl in a winter league after 3pm, it was down to 49%. A minute ago, it was at only 20%. WTF is going on???

I also wanted to post a screenshot, but my computer kept saying the image contained a virus. Again, WTF???

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Ya I don't know my battery has been wacko as of late as well...its very inconsistent and im not a heavy user...just browse net a bit here and there, listen to music and check this forum. Some charges last for 36 hours, while others at similar usage last 15 hours. I'm confident some process like double tap reserves unnecessary battery resources. Hope it will continue to steady out.

Actually the one change I did make was use light theme, just changed back to dark today...love the Lumia colour profile

Hs1993

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I own a Nokia Lumia 720 and on heavy usage lasts somewhere between 8-10hrs. On moderate (listening to music,videos,fbing) lasts somewhere near to 2days. That phone is a goddamn beast.
Who needs 1gig ram?(But I do wish I had.) ;)

Adnan Javed

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 520. I don't use it too heavily, but I do use wi fi for 1~2 hours, and music for 3~4 hours along with a ton of messages and a bunch of calls.

lasts 2~2.5 days, with less usage i've gone more than 3 days.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 925. Lasts me the day then I plug to the charger before sleeping. On days with heavy use though, I top off in the afternoon

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea