Bricked my 920... careful of a hard reset

Brian McBride

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Soooo, I thought I'd hard reset my phone and start from scratch to see if I could get better battery life.

Now it is stuck on the Nokia splash screen. Resetting it with the buttons only causes a vibrate, the AT&T logo, then back to the Nokia splash screen... forever.

Well, maybe not forever. It has been around 30 minutes now.

:mad:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The battery is not user removable. Or of course the user CAN remove it, but most likely leads to a voided warranty. I would just take it to the store if its convenient at all, rather than risk the warranty.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
This is from the service manual.

I haven't tried it, so do it at your own risk.

attachment.php

shard#WP

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Soooo, I thought I'd hard reset my phone and start from scratch to see if I could get better battery life.

Now it is stuck on the Nokia splash screen. Resetting it with the buttons only causes a vibrate, the AT&T logo, then back to the Nokia splash screen... forever.

I just did the same thing. So how do you turn off a phone that locks on boot up, and you can't remove the battery.

Did you trade yours in?

Frantics

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I verify this because this exactly is what's happening to me.

Tried a System Reset to wipe the phone out and start fresh in hopes of improving the battery life but got stuck in the screen with the turning gears for hours.
Now, after purposely draining it to get out of that screen, my phone won't boot past the Nokia screen.

I tried KoukiFC3S's advice but it gets stuck on an AT&T Deathstar logo loop.
Looks like ATT's splash screen is preventing it from going to the recovery screen.

I'm going to try and exchange it today for a fresh unit and have them do a system reset immediately to see if it's a common problem.

I really like this phone (when it's working) but this is getting frustrating.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue but how exactly did you turn off your phone? I emailed Stephen Elop and got a quick response and Nokia is going to overnight me another 920. So until then I'm stuck using my One X.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I reset mine the first night I got it and didnt have a problem. Havent actually got any problems with mine, apart from a weak battery.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I hard reset my phone today and it worked fine. Battery life is much improved, even though I was already getting 20+ hours.

tzur sayag

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
lumia 920 will not reboot

I'm also stuck at the NOKIA sign,
I can push the power+down and get the vibrate, plugged or unplugged to
the usb charger/computer it does behave slightly different but not in any predictable way,
in some cases pushing the camera button will show a battery logo with a flashing "plug" for a few flashes and then its going away again to the nokia logo,
I can't believe there is no a step by step way to over come this, very frustrating.
anyone?
thanx in advance,
-t

fredrod49

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

I was having issue with my speakerphone low volume and just sounding like crap. I went to the Nokia live chat support and they suggested I do a hard reset. Did reset 2 spinning gears until I got to the ATT store. Had it replaced no questions.

Brian McBride

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
By the way, I never got my phone to unbrick. That day the AT&T store got a second shipment of phones in and I went and swapped it.

ALSO, my first phone got hot and had crap battery life. This one runs cooler and the battery seems great. So, bricking my phone got me a better one. Which makes me wonder if all that is connected somehow?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786