Mobile Build 10166 - 10536 how do you like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattptodd

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Which phone are you running Insider preview and how do you like it?

Somewhat related to this new build. Outlook Mail has totally changed on my Lumia 830 after performing the last app update. Accessing the accounts, switching between accounts, the color scheme, there's no difference now in landscape or portrait mode.... the theme/color changes also appeared in the Outlook Calendar, but you can still go to landscape and switch to week view which is nice to see that feature was kept.

Other than that, this build is working well for me. I haven't had but maybe 3 browser crashes (which could be webpage programming) and a few crashes in some applications.

stoltenbergen

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Build 10536 how do you like it?

The latest build is fine on my Lumia 930, but OneDrive is broken. It doesn't show any files in most of my folders ("This folder is empty") and it says "Couldn't refresh the page. Make sure you're connected to a wifi or mobile network and try again" if I try to refresh a folder. I am on a good 4G-network, and have tried Wifi as well. I have tried logging out of Onedrive, but when I do the app will close and when I open it again, I am still logged in and the same problem persists..
I have seen older threads on other forums dating back to 2014 where people have experienced this very problem, but no solution.. only factory reset or another phone update seems to solve the problem.

Ankit Ruhela

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site

tried to get it running on my lumia 830, bricked my device, ****ed it inside out and outside in. been trying to recover it, but can't.

tried WPRT, NSRT, NSU for Retail, almost everything. my device is as dead as it gets, keeps giving me sad smiley emoticon after the gears get stuck at 20%. EVERYTIME!

there is no fix, which is absolutely sad.

genod

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Lumia 920:

The upgrade from stock Windows 8 went surprisingly well. I was expecting a long wait but everything was done in well under two hours. My first impressions after having been on it for a couple of days is that it quite smooth and responsive. While it is not as fast as 8, the few seconds I have to wait is really not an issue for me.

Battery drain has always been bad with my 920 as it is showing quite a bit of age. I can't tell if it drains and faster or not. What I do notice is that my phone runs much cooler with 10536. I really enjoy this build and Windows 10 Mobile. I will stick with it for my daily driver as everything is working quite well so far.

jonahtrav

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 920:

The upgrade from stock Windows 8 went surprisingly well. I was expecting a long wait but everything was done in well under two hours. My first impressions after having been on it for a couple of days is that it quite smooth and responsive. While it is not as fast as 8, the few seconds I have to wait is really not an issue for me.

Battery drain has always been bad with my 920 as it is showing quite a bit of age. I can't tell if it drains and faster or not. What I do notice is that my phone runs much cooler with 10536. I really enjoy this build and Windows 10 Mobile. I will stick with it for my daily driver as everything is working quite well so far.
.... Thanks for putting this up as I've been waiting to try 10 on my 920... I'll give it a try this weekend when I have some time.

genod

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

I hope the upgrade and experience works out as well for you as it did for me. I don't run a ton of apps. Good luck

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

I had to roll back to 8.1 Denim because of poor battery life, increased data and call usage. Glad I have an unlimited plan or else I would be in trouble. I could barely last 8 hours with my Bluetooth on. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I believe Windows 10 isn't optimized for older dual core handsets like my 925.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

I have been doing 10536 since it rolled out on my T-Mobile 925 and using it for my daily driver. I too am seeing random battery draining also. No issues on Sunday but I the Office today it drained 30 percent in 2 hours. I had nothing running that I was aware of except normal outlook messaging from my work email.

Mostly everything seems to be working but there is lag in resuming many apps such as Waze, GasBuddy, and messaging. Sometimes they snap back up just fine but it I leave the phone sit idle for a while I get the resuming effect. I have turned off the "as messages arrive" for the company email and it seems to helped a bit.

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Some store apps wont update, can't be uninstalled and can't be uninstalled from the storage app either ...it seems that apps randomly gain this bug. It started with Tetris Blitz and Straw when the latest build was first released and today I have the same issue with Uber and Metrotube.

It's also worth mentioning that the apps also become unusable

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site

tried to get it running on my lumia 830, bricked my device, ****ed it inside out and outside in. been trying to recover it, but can't.

tried WPRT, NSRT, NSU for Retail, almost everything. my device is as dead as it gets, keeps giving me sad smiley emoticon after the gears get stuck at 20%. EVERYTIME!

Connect the phone with the PC with USB cable, start WPRT, select My phone was not detected, select Lumia. Now restart the phone. As it gets past Nokia logo, WPRT should grab it and you should be able to flash 8.1.

Sherif Hafez

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

Follow this thread to flash WP8.1 to your phone.

Tutorial - Flash an Lumia device | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

Suchint Patra

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 620.
Start screen many time says loading... and takes a lot of time to load
Apps are very unstable and close automatically
Windows Camera is very irresponsive
Store shows errors often while downloading apps
And please let me know how to factory reset the phone in Windows 10 mobile....plz.....

John Christopoulos

May 9, 2014
Visit site

They are far from ready...
Lumia 1020 here...
Had experienced crashes, reboots, poor pictures app performance, Gives you think that it needs more tweaking...
Camera sucks, and i really need reframe, zoom reinvented and RAW

Burnnerman

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

Put it on my 830, and it works pretty well, main problem I had which I hard rest to fix, and found it worked for awhile, then started acting up again was after unlocking the phone it would just show a loading/resuming screen almost non-stop.

A bad fix, but I found if I set it to never re-signing (Basically disabling pin) I no longer have issues with the start screen coming up when I wake the phone up.

JBG1952

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Background: As I need my phone for work, I am actually running WM10 10536 on three devises: Nokia Icon, HTC 8 and Lumia 735. If one crashes, I reload my sim chip to another and figure out what happened later. I have been using WM 10 as my daily driver since build 10166. You would not consider me tech savvy, but I am seduced by the seamless integration of the phone to my Wintel work network.

For each Fast Ring Release, I roll back to WP 8.1.

I found that 10536 installs easily on the HTC 8 and Lumia 735. The Icon installation takes a bit of effort as updated WPRT rolls back to 8.0 before Cyan and Denim. Verizon does not seem to want its customers to have the latest updates. My work around involves recovering to a previous WP 10 build under 8.0 and doing a hard reset. Yes the tiles look funny and it will not work but for some reason, this leaves Cyan and maybe Denim on the device which enables a seamless installation.

The Lock Screen lag has been addressed, but I find that if I drag from the top to check the status bar, the time, date and message disappear upon my return.

This build is much smoother. The apps which I use are more responsive. I am particularly excited about Microsoft’s willingness to let consumers personalize them (e.g. updated Mail and Calendar) and nuanced improvement (Voice navigation in Maps now runs through my car’s speakers via Bluetooth versus the device speaker)

I have not experienced any difference in battery life. Power consumption is dominated by sending and receiving emails with pictures. Twitter, Instagram, and the like are not on my phone.

All in all, I am very satisfied and enjoy making my friends jealous when they ask me “What kind of phone is that?”

kayb27

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Your HTC is not suffering from the constant Start Screen loading? I ask because this build was suppose to address this, but I'm still having this issue on my HTC One M8. At first it wasn't doing it, but it's been doing it a lot for a while now.

TexAgg99

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I had to do the same on my Lumia 1020. The OS worked pretty well overall, except the battery would drain in a few hours of no usage. And since this is my daily use device, I reluctantly rolled back. It is very promising though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963