Why won't Outlook 2013 send emails after the Windows 10 upgrade?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

outlook 2013 will not send emails after windows 10 upgrade

It receives email just fine and will send a test email when you are in advanced settings but will any emails created just sit in outbox. The error comes up and says " 8x800ccc13 cannot connect to the network verify your network connection or modem" Which is working of course as I'm online

MikeLincoln

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I've run the sfc /scannow and received 'Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service'.

I'm still stuck with unsent e-mails in Outlook 2013. Can anyone help with this please?

Mike.

Perttu Lehtinen

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
So saw this on another WindowsCentral thread.

Click on the search icon, search on cmd when you find the application (Command Prompt) run as administrator (i.e. right click it and click run as administrator). You will then see a rectangular black window appear with folder> then type in sfc/scannow and sit back and wait (takes a while to run).

When finished type in exit. Then close outlook, restart and problem solve. Seems to have solved the problem for a number of people on the other thread too.

I thought it was Linux that required command line..?

A Ego

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
The sfc/scannow command worked well for me with my Outlook 2010 under Windows 10.
However some of us are newbies at this and may need a few simple directions, just make sure you get the steps done in the right order.

First, turn off Outlook.
Then go to Windows 10 "Start Icon" which is the Icon with 4 square windows found by moving your mouse pointer to the bottom or top corner of your computer screen.
Right click on it and from the drop down menu choose Command Prompt (Admin) by left clicking on the words.
Windows User Account Control will most likely ask you if you wish this app to make changes to your computer, click on Yes.
A black window will open up, type in the command sfc/scannow and away it will go.
Wait till it has finished, it can take 20 minutes, and then type in exit.
The black screen will close.
Now start Outlook again and you should be able to send emails as normal.

bridestream

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Click on the search icon, search on cmd when you find the application (Command Prompt) run as administrator (i.e. right click it and click run as administrator). You will then see a rectangular black window appear with folder> then type in sfc/scannow and sit back and wait (takes a while to run).

When finished type in exit. Then close outlook, restart and problem solve.

This worked for me.
NOTE - first time I tried this fix I forgot to type in EXIT and it did not work!
Thank you 'rickthemonk'.

S?amus (Ireland).
P.S. When finished Reboot.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
sfc /scannow does not work for me. I have about 5 emails in my draft folder. When I try to send them, I get a message telling me to add at least one valid email address.

Edit. The Mail app for sending messages I believe was not sending messages, I think because I had a video attached. The website worked fine went I sent a link to a website.

Last edited:

Ash Priddle

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I have tried the scannow, it worked the first time, however after recent windows updates the emails have stopped sending again and the scannow has not cured the problem. There are no error messages. Yep MicroSoft you call this progress...........each time you meddle you just make thing worse and outlook does less and less each time. I just wish I could get 5 mins with some of your ideas whizz kids and put them right!!!!

Anybody got any other fixes that may work, apart from buying Apple!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes