Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

adityamorolia

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Wax I am new to windows, and I just changed from android. I would say windows is a much better os than android..but yes, it lacks a lot of important stuff. First of all...google. Whatever issue they seem to have with Microsoft..they should work on that. I cant seem to live straight without some google apps(though Microsoft is sometimes much better...but u simply need google). YouTube, for example. And the most important. Also...microsoft should work on their store a bit....important apps like snapchat are missing. If they could do it...windows would be a great platform. Till then...i will have to think about living without snapchat, YouTube, the gmail app, and many others. I would probably go with ios otherwise...

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I am new to windows, and I just changed from android. I would say windows is a much better os than android..but yes, it lacks a lot of important stuff. First of all...google. Whatever issue they seem to have with Microsoft..they should work on that. I cant seem to live straight without some google apps(though Microsoft is sometimes much better...but u simply need google). YouTube, for example. And the most important. Also...microsoft should work on their store a bit....important apps like snapchat are missing. If they could do it...windows would be a great platform. Till then...i will have to think about living without snapchat, YouTube, the gmail app, and many others. I would probably go with ios otherwise...

Some of the services we wanted isn't available cos not because of non-cooperation but actually went out of the way to hamper (YouTube) app functionality or just being downright a***holes (snapchat CEO).

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I def will having used. IOS and Android they just aren't right for me but with that being said I don't buy flagship phones I love my 1320 and ill get a 640(maybe xl) to replace it as long as MS continue building good decent cheap phones with windows and Cortana ill be happy

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Wax I am new to windows, and I just changed from android. I would say windows is a much better os than android..but yes, it lacks a lot of important stuff. First of all...google. Whatever issue they seem to have with Microsoft..they should work on that. I cant seem to live straight without some google apps(though Microsoft is sometimes much better...but u simply need google). YouTube, for example. And the most important. Also...microsoft should work on their store a bit....important apps like snapchat are missing. If they could do it...windows would be a great platform. Till then...i will have to think about living without snapchat, YouTube, the gmail app, and many others. I would probably go with ios otherwise...
Welcome. I think you are unaware that Google CHOSE not to support Windows. There are several great YouTube apps, such as Metrotube, tubecast, and myTube.

sayed237

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I am seriously disappointed in Microsoft's customer care service and also in Microsoft.

I bought a Lumia 535 and it has terrible touch issue. Even after all the firmware updates, the problem still remained. So, I went to the customer care(Gulshan, Dhaka, Bangladesh branch) at 27th August and they accepted my phone and said that if the problem is a hardware problem, then it may take some time to fix it since they may need to bring spare parts from abroad.

Then 3days later they called me and said it indeed is a hardware problem(which Microsoft never confessed officially) and that within 15th September they would return the phone.

At 13th September I called them and they said they may not be able to return my phone within 15th and they will return it before 25th.

But yesterday I called again(since it was the original delivery date) and they said that the spare parts arrived and I would get my phone back within two days(within 17th September).

So I called today again and now they are saying they will return it within 23rd.

I became really angry and was kind of shouting at the guy who received the phone and he just hung up on my face..!!

1. Why a reputed company like Microsoft need almost a month to fix a phone?

2. Why can't they keep their own word? Why they are changing the dates every time I call them?

3. And why is their customer operator's behavior so rude?

3. Why would they manufacture and sell thousands of defected phone in the first place?

4. Even then why did they never admit that it's a hardware problem?

Now I wish I never bought a windows phone! I really don't believe them and that they will really return my phone before 23rd.

SO NO, I HAVE LEARNED MY LESSON..!!! NO MORE MICROSOFT PHONE FOR ME..!!!

nam vo

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that, that's the only lumia phone that has touch problem, it's hardware failure. You should have replaced it by Lumia 540

texas tk

May 16, 2013
Visit site
That's what did it for me...went from 920 to Nexus 6.
The bigger deal for me, however, was hardware....there are tons of accessories out there that are IOS and Android only...I got tired of seeing ads for things I wanted, but could never use.
I still have the 920, and have 10 on it just to see how it works...which is slowly...very slowly.

I still prefer the Windows interface, but I can adapt....

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I am seriously disappointed in Microsoft's customer care service and also in Microsoft.

I bought a Lumia 535 and it has terrible touch issue. Even after all the firmware updates, the problem still remained. So, I went to the customer care(Gulshan, Dhaka, Bangladesh branch) at 27th August and they accepted my phone and said that if the problem is a hardware problem, then it may take some time to fix it since they may need to bring spare parts from abroad.

Then 3days later they called me and said it indeed is a hardware problem(which Microsoft never confessed officially) and that within 15th September they would return the phone.

At 13th September I called them and they said they may not be able to return my phone within 15th and they will return it before 25th.

But yesterday I called again(since it was the original delivery date) and they said that the spare parts arrived and I would get my phone back within two days(within 17th September).

So I called today again and now they are saying they will return it within 23rd.

I became really angry and was kind of shouting at the guy who received the phone and he just hung up on my face..!!

1. Why a reputed company like Microsoft need almost a month to fix a phone?

2. Why can't they keep their own word? Why they are changing the dates every time I call them?

3. And why is their customer operator's behavior so rude?

3. Why would they manufacture and sell thousands of defected phone in the first place?

4. Even then why did they never admit that it's a hardware problem?

Now I wish I never bought a windows phone! I really don't believe them and that they will really return my phone before 23rd.

SO NO, I HAVE LEARNED MY LESSON..!!! NO MORE MICROSOFT PHONE FOR ME..!!!

Well i have both the 535 and the 640, and i've never experienced any sort of touch issues except the back key one on 535, that's the only thing that glitches a bit.
Except that, they're both excellent, especially the battery life on 534, which i once got to work for six days, i mean, SIX DAYS. As far as i'm concerned, if i had enough money i'd definetly buy the 950/950XL.

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Answering the topics question - yes, I would. I have a Lumia 620, which I've been using for two years now. It's my first and only Windows Phone. Before that I had a Nokia 5530, which ran Symbian. I got WP because I didn't like Android (and still don't) and iOS is way too overpriced. Was thinking on getting the Lumia 830, but now with the new devices so close, I might wait and see, what's up

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I currently have a Lumia 830, which is a great phone, but if I have to buy a new phone today, I would switch to Android. I mean, I really like WP but it lacks of a lot of things yet. After more than 3 years using windows phone (coming from windows phone 7.8) I feel sometimes like Windows is always a promise, but never a reality. It's always gonna improve, they will update this and that but at the end of the day, they are all promises. I have an ipad (a very old one, which still works incredibly well) and an LG tablet, so I can test this SOs too, and I feel that WP lacks of a lot of things. First, apps. Yes, we have enough apps to "survive", the main one are there, but there are apps in other SO that creates something, more customization, or covers a very small need and you're glad you have it, but there are no such apps on WP. I look for an app on the Google Store that does something, it doesn't matter how stupid it is, it's there.
Secondly, notifications. Yes, they will change on W10 (another promise). I mean, yeah WP is really good and have potential but, how long is it gonna take? Three years to catch up google or ios? More?
I will give W10 a chance, because I believe in what they are saying. However, if things don't change much and faster, my next phone will not be from Microsoft.

Pradeep Kalburgi

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I currently have a Lumia 830, which is a great phone, but if I have to buy a new phone today, I would switch to Android. I mean, I really like WP but it lacks of a lot of things yet. After more than 3 years using windows phone (coming from windows phone 7.8) I feel sometimes like Windows is always a promise, but never a reality. It's always gonna improve, they will update this and that but at the end of the day, they are all promises. I have an ipad (a very old one, which still works incredibly well) and an LG tablet, so I can test this SOs too, and I feel that WP lacks of a lot of things. First, apps. Yes, we have enough apps to "survive", the main one are there, but there are apps in other SO that creates something, more customization, or covers a very small need and you're glad you have it, but there are no such apps on WP. I look for an app on the Google Store that does something, it doesn't matter how stupid it is, it's there.
Secondly, notifications. Yes, they will change on W10 (another promise). I mean, yeah WP is really good and have potential but, how long is it gonna take? Three years to catch up google or ios? More?
I will give W10 a chance, because I believe in what they are saying. However, if things don't change much and faster, my next phone will not be from Microsoft.

Completely agree with you bro !!!! I was thinking the same. I mean WP has great potential to become threat to android and ios but the lack of customization and apps which ate becoming hindrance for WP growth.

svtfmook

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
i only want one thing to improve. a tolerable, functional Facebook app.

Other than that, app gap is nothing more than a perpetuated idea that mainstream media has pushed onto users making them think an OS is required to have millions of apps. When in reality, the average user has 25 apps installed.

Other than that, the value of a Windows Phone far outweighs the hefty price tag of the other devices, especially with how functional the low end devices really are. An Android is not worth owning unless you purchase the latest flagship and iPhones are just plain expensive.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Android - yes, you can. And battery life will vary depending on the device you pick, just like with everything else. My Xperia Z3C lasts me 2 days on a single charge and moderate use.
HOW? I have a Lollipop tablet, never seen that option.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
People are saying the 640 is faster than iphone 6 plus?
I dont think so. my wife has a iphone 6 plus, my 640 xl is not faster than it.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I think the question should be "Why you don't buy Microsoft Mobile"

Palm Treo 700WX
HTC Touch
HTC Touch Pro
HTC Touch Pro2
HTC HD2
HTC HD7
Nokia Lumia 810
Nokia Lumia 1520

As much as I like Microsoft, the mobile version is always in beta. Now, after everyone beta tests W10M, you'll have to buy a new phone because W11M won't be supported on your old phone.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
People are saying the 640 is faster than iphone 6 plus?
I dont think so. my wife has a iphone 6 plus, my 640 xl is not faster than it.

Yeah, and you probably got them both for a third of what an iBanana costs.:)

Love my WP. Android / iOS, been there got the t-shirt. Low / midrange droid devices struggle to live with the OS, and has been said, iOS is just too expensive.

Love my 640xl. Dropped back to one from Lumia 930. Glance screen makes my life easier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz