WP8.1 GDR1 - update downloaded couldn't be opened

osars ehi

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm the trick with the language worked for me. What I did is exactly what was already suggested earlier in this thread. Only installed and activated new language. Any language. In my case, I am normally using English (US), so I downloaded English (UK), restarted phone as it is part of language changing process and after restart was update correctly running.
Can you double check and make sure you got the update not just a language pack upgrade.

ScottGeek

May 18, 2014
Visit site
No problem to report on my 1520 after rejoining the DP (had to downgrade to 8.0 to get the Cyan firmware, which of course is irrelevant in regards to GRD1)....

One interesting item of note was there were two updates that came across once I pushed the button:

Maybe one of those was an earlier DP update I missed while I was off the Dev Preview.... But GRD1 is working.

~ScottGeek.

pooleyjnr

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Downloading fine starts to install then error message cannot open, 925, uk, Vodafone with Cyan.Thank god i'm not alone nearly threw my phone against the wall. MS looks like you need an updated for your update.

TaffyTuck

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I have Lumia 625 with cyan (before it was pulled) I was getting 8018830f error I had to use the nokia software tool to reset to 8.0 Black then preview for developers and update through there to get it to work I am now runnning version "899" WITH cortana in UK on Three :)

update; - took me all night to do it though:sweaty:

Mladen Mikovic

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I managed to update/solve the 80188308 error for my Samsung Ativ S :

I made a backup
Settings -> info -> reset
Didn't restore backup after restart
Install Preview for Developer
Update
Restore backup after restart

This worked for me! Progres bar i going white! :)

headmonkeyboy

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had success with the ATT Lumia 520? I have downloaded the update, and it is trying, but all I am getting is cogs so far. This is after I had to hard reset after getting the blue screen of death when it first tried installing update 1.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

I made a backup
Update
I just tried this method with my Lumia 920 (locked with Rogers)....it...WORKED.

Dragone, you're on my friends for life list

amen men

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
the same problem on L920 in China with DP,have tried many times but still didn't work out, on Twitter Joe said they are working on it, so i am not gonna try untill it is fixed :( I am so looking forward to seeing Chinese version Cortana

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Okay guys, I had this error whole day, tried everything on the forums, but finally found a solution and just installed the update..
1. Make a backup of your phone.
2. Use Nokia Recovery Tool and go back to 8.0, but don't install Preview for Developers
3. Update to the latest official update available.
4. Install Preview for developers
5. Install the latest updates for PD
5. Enjoy :)
PS: It took not more than 2 hours and I cancelled all the app updates or app installations until the latest Preview update was finalized..

Hope it helps..
lumia 625

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am getting 0x80188308.. oh bugger looks like there are two problems (probably more) with this update.. not a good sign at all

1) About Screen.jpg
I took this before playing a game of monopoly (needless to say I got sidetracked :p)
2) wp_ss_20140804_0009.png
3) wp_ss_20140804_0010.png
4) wp_ss_20140804_0011.png

Phone downloads update fine, installs fine however when it gets to the spinning gears after the reboot it stays there for a few minutes then phone reboots to screen shown on image 3. When checking Phone Update, image 4 is shown...

I have over 10gb free on my 920, from reading Joe Belfiore's tweet it sounds like the storage allocation limit given to the O/S needs to be increased.
So free space available is not factor for the update failing to install (since it downloads fine and installs fine only to fall at the second last hurdle - the final being the data migration and app re-installs)
"Folks seeing error 8018830f on update- we're looking into it, thx for letting us know," Belfiore said in a tweet. "Its a very small %, so the rest of you keep going!"

"PS - if you hit the update error, it's unlikely that retrying will work. We think it's related to low system storage. Give us some time.."
Microsoft's Joe Belfiore investigating Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 update errors | Windows Phone Central

PS: I got build 12400.899 prior to this update being halted, hence why I only got the GDR 1 update.

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site

I made a backup
Update

Did this and it worked. Not a bad thing to do anyway as it seems to have given me more space on the phone. In Storage Sense the system is showing up as 2.25GB. I'm sure it was much larger than that before.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
http://1drv.ms/UWxYqm

Lumia 625
8.1 DP Lastest
Cyan Firmware
600mb free
Indonesia
Country Variant Phone

PS : My phone get 8.1 DP and cyan firmware before they disable it due to bitlocker issues
This!

I'm still trying and no luck goddamnt
Try to move all apps to sd card and got plenty storage =>no good
Try to change region and language to my home country => no luck
Try to download new language to try triggering update => no luck
Try to untick and retick preview for developer option => no luck
Try doing all steps above at THE SAME TIME => T_T no luck

Oh dear god what kind of sin that i have comit :( forgive me

PS: I'm not gonna reset my phone because I'm playing royal revolt 2 I can't affrod losing my progress exept it's abolutely nessecary

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oscahill