06-05-2016 08:20 AM
265 1234 ...
tools
    At least Windows Phone doesn't even lag in the low end devices like the 520.. And.. Apps.. Project Astoria will help developers to easily convert apps. Heck, people are sideloading APKs on their devices easily (See XDA). The thing is Apple products are heavily over-priced. If you look at their processors and stuffs, they make with a cheap hardware, but the OS is what makes you think its of a premium quality. As for Camera, most devices have Carl Ziess Lens, way better than iPhone's camera. Sound.. Now most of the devices are coming with Dolby Surround. Overall, Windows may lack in some useless features or settings such as mono audio but still Windows Phone has everything and I repeat EVERYTHING a user would want in a phone.
    09-23-2015 03:52 AM
    A next to pointless built in Wallet app.

No built in Clock app (!)
    I see some nice Payment options under NFC in Windows 10 Mobile.

And as mentioned, the standard Clock App in W10, looks ok to me, alarm, world clock, timer and stopwatch, and you can even pin timer and stopwatch separate to your home screen.....
    09-23-2015 04:34 AM
    It's all very polished, and you can tell how important iOS is to Apple when you use it.
    This is essentially the crux of it. Also to the OP, given the stance of Microsoft I'd venture to say there's plenty more things available for iPhone at a base level which Windows doesn't have due to the "Everything is an app" mentality now enforced by Microsoft, if we're talking core functionality and not app functionality.
    MikeSo likes this.
    09-23-2015 04:50 AM
    Why do people keep asking for a built-in clock app? You're going to bypass the clock on the lock screen, and the time in the top right corner, to open a clock app? With the touch of one button I can see the time. If you have Glance, you don't even have to touch the phone. With an app, you're looking at a min of 3 steps to open the app.

Is there something more to this that I'm not seeing? What do you need a clock app to do?
    jmshub, realwarder, Iain_S and 2 others like this.
    09-23-2015 05:13 AM
    Is there something more to this that I'm not seeing? What do you need a clock app to do?
    He-he, I'm with you, I always get shocked when i see that some people putting clock as the live tile, I mean for worth it worth!? As you said, you'll see the big clock on glance, than you'll see it again on lock screen and finally if you miss those two there is another in top right corner which is even to much clocks if you ask me... :D

Anyway, speaking about clock apps, the stock one is greatly improved in W10M, it consist of 4 easily accessible apps, World clock, Alarms, Timer and Stopwatch that you can pin to start, run in full screen and so on...
    11B1P, jmshub, Alroy Swain and 1 others like this.
    09-23-2015 05:22 AM
    What does iOS has that W10M doesn't?

Consistent design
    Smooth operation
    Faster Siri
    "Action Center" at the bottom
    Better ram management therefore better multitasking
    Swipe to close 3 apps at a time
    Available now : Slow motion video
    Dramatically better app ecosystem and developers that leverage hardware and APIs.
    Metal API instead of OpenGL 3 (forgot the name for mobile exactly) or DirectX11.
    Smoother and prettier animations
    MORE animations. The OS is generally more pleasant to use.
    09-23-2015 05:43 AM
    What does iOS has that W10M doesn't?

Consistent design
    Smooth operation
    Faster Siri
    "Action Center" at the bottom
    Better ram management therefore better multitasking
    Swipe to close 3 apps at a time
    Available now : Slow motion video
    Dramatically better app ecosystem and developers that leverage hardware and APIs.
    Metal API instead of OpenGL 3 (forgot the name for mobile exactly) or DirectX11.
    Smoother and prettier animations
    MORE animations. The OS is generally more pleasant to use.
    And the majority of the above are simply your opinion, which is fine, it doesn't make IOS better, or worse.
    09-23-2015 06:39 AM
    In my opinion ios and android look so ugly when compared to Windows 10 or 8.1 mobile and some Microsoft phones have much better camera's. Cortana also is far more advanced then sirs all my friends with iPhones say they hate sirs compared to Cortana
    Joshwin, Iain_S, dan16 and 2 others like this.
    09-23-2015 07:16 AM
    And the majority of the above are simply your opinion, which is fine, it doesn't make IOS better, or worse.
    Sorry pal but it's not only his opinion :)). it's true facts
    colinkiama and Pirate Arr like this.
    09-23-2015 09:31 AM
    In my opinion ios and android look so ugly when compared to Windows 10 or 8.1 mobile and some Microsoft phones have much better camera's. Cortana also is far more advanced then sirs all my friends with iPhones say they hate sirs compared to Cortana
    :) you really believe yourself don't you? iphone 6s and galaxy s6> have better cameras now. android and ios ugly :))) I won't bother comment further, it's clear you haven't used anything else but wp for more than 5 minutes
    09-23-2015 09:34 AM
    Background App Refresh is something Windows Phone does not have.
    It does have this functionality. Lots of background task management to allow apps to refresh their data. It's up to apps to code it of course... https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2014/2-518

You can disable background operation from Battery Saved to disable background updates.
    09-23-2015 10:31 AM
    The ringer switch is much appreciated. I loved it on my Pre 2, I love it now. Always missed it on my 920.
    I think ringer switch was my biggest missed item from my iPhone.
    xandros9 likes this.
    09-23-2015 10:34 AM
    How can you say better RAM management? Windows doesn't even lag once.. not even once in my 520 which has a 512 MB RAM. You are just making false facts, trying to cover up. Accept that. And For God's sake this is a Windows Forum, why the heck would we want Apple or Android fanboys here???
    Hoekie likes this.
    09-23-2015 12:56 PM
    How can you say better RAM management? Windows doesn't even lag once.. not even once in my 520 which has a 512 MB RAM. You are just making false facts, trying to cover up. Accept that. And For God's sake this is a Windows Forum, why the heck would we want Apple or Android fanboys here???
    09-23-2015 03:24 PM
    Resuming...
    09-23-2015 03:36 PM
    So what is this thread even?
    09-23-2015 04:50 PM
    So what is this thread even?
    Well I guess its supposed to be a thread on what tangible strengths iOS has over Windows Phone in regards to actual features.
    taymur likes this.
    09-23-2015 08:59 PM
    Facebook integration still doesn't seem to connect to Contacts as much as it did in People so I miss that. (no profile pictures are contact photos it seems)
    I finally solved this issue. In the Facebook app there is an option to connect it to your phone. I disconnected this and reconnected it and the profile pics finally re appeared.
    09-23-2015 09:21 PM
    -iMessage knows whether to use data versus sms.
    -A great store, though for ms it's a work in progress.
    -hot girls
    -consistent design patterns
    -more hot girls
    -a wallet pay system that is actually supported by many vendors

That's all I can think of other than the app ecosystem
    xandros9, kokola and aXross like this.
    09-23-2015 09:38 PM
    -iMessage knows whether to use data versus sms.
    No. iMessage always tries to use data instead of SMS. That's why you get really pissed if you leave iOS and forget to turn off iMessage on your phone - everyone else's phones persist at trying to send you data messages. iMessage is a suck you in and keep you technology. Like iTunes was. SMS is globally usable and in many countries free unlimited these days.
    Hoekie likes this.
    09-23-2015 09:41 PM
    Good to see they had to release an entire OS update (9.0.1) to fix the non-working alarms in that built in clock app today...
    daftpunklover likes this.
    09-23-2015 09:45 PM
    Good to see they had to release an entire OS update (9.0.1) to fix the non-working alarms in that built in clock app today...
    it was a minor bug, I've been using alarms in 9 for some time.
    Also it was a dinky OS update like that anti-random-reboot patch MS pushed out to phones.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-23-2015 11:02 PM
    it was a minor bug, I've been using alarms in 9 for some time.
    Also it was a dinky OS update like that anti-random-reboot patch MS pushed out to phones.
    You know my point which was someone thought the built in clock was a positive feature, but as Apple has discovered (ironically several times now), this means to update the clock (and email etc.) you have to update the whole OS.

I think the WM10 way of having an updatable app is better than having a built in clock.
    09-23-2015 11:51 PM
    WE just need app locker & call recorder in windows 10 mobile ; rest everything is there .
    09-24-2015 12:57 AM
    WE just need app locker & call recorder in windows 10 mobile ; rest everything is there .
    And a pause button in camera while recording.
    09-24-2015 01:16 AM
265 1234 ...