I find this so stupid about WP7

Status
Not open for further replies.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Why is it that Nokia has the best exclusive apps that Samsung and HTC can't get? On other OS, if there is an app on the market, then all android users can get it. Not just android users that have a Samsung. I'm talking about apps, not functions. This is stupid. I like my HTC, but the apps that Nokia has exclusively makes me a bit disgruntled. I'd love to have an official ESPN fantasy football app....only Nokia will have it. FML.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I think it makes a lot of sense to do this... it's called competition and I think it's great that Nokia is helping to drive not only their sales but also the WP development process... why shouldn't they reward their customers first?

If anything, it shows the lack of commitment that the others have for the platform (for now).

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Like I have said before. I am fine with Nokia bringing exclusive apps that they created to Windows Phone. I am also fine with an exclusive time frame for non Nokia apps that Nokia brought to Windows Phone but...what they should do during the exclusive window is offer the apps to everyone for a price, say $0.99.

Yes, this sucks as I have a Titan II, and HTC does not seem to care about it's Windows Phone users, so I am ticked at them. The thing is, I do not like the Lumia 900. I personally feel the Titan II is a much better device.

Ding, Ding Nokia. You can recoup some of your investments by charging during the exclusive period.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I believe it's good and bad. Yes, it great to "reward" customers for rolling with them, but there has to be something amiss with an OS in which apps aren't universal like that. I could understand apps that are Nokia branded, Samsung branded, and HTC branded. But the other apps that they are claiming, kinda sucks. Not saying there is something wrong with Nokia. Its something about the OS. These WP phones has relatively the same specs and framework . What's holding HTC and Samsung back from getting some official big name apps? I love WP, but MS shouldn't be separating us folks like that. I hope you folks get what I'm.saying.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I believe it's good and bad. Yes, it great to "reward" customers for rolling with them, but there has to be something amiss with an OS in which apps aren't universal like that. I could understand apps that are Nokia branded, Samsung branded, and HTC branded. But the other apps that they are claiming, kinda sucks. Not saying there is something wrong with Nokia. Its something about the OS. These WP phones has relatively the same specs and framework . What's holding HTC and Samsung back from getting some official big name apps? I love WP, but MS shouldn't be separating us folks like that. I hope you folks get what I'm.saying.

Well, the problem is - the other option is just bad and bad; no one gets these apps...

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
On the other OS they have most of what Nokia are claiming official exclusive apps on the WP side are available to all android or IOS users. The the real losers are WP users who have HTC or Samsung or any other WP device manufacturer

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Blah, Give Samsung and HTC the same amount of money they give Nokia. Nokia playing on house money. Which is bull****.

I have a Nokia Lumia 900, but I understand where you coming from.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I believe that.

Believe that Nokia has put pressure on certain companies for exclusive apps. There was an article on wpcentral talking about one such case... but I can't for the life of me, remember what app it was. :blush:

ESPN is not going to ingnore WP. Especially with WP8 coming out.

I agree, but that's later. We're talking about the past/present where many companies have snubbed WP.

On the other OS they have most of what Nokia are claiming official exclusive apps on the WP side are available to all android or IOS users. The the real losers are WP users who have HTC or Samsung or any other WP device manufacturer

An established App Marketplace before an OS gathers traction just isn't going to happen.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Its the who Samsung/Google relationship now. Nokia has to be in bed with MS to succeed. That's cool, but c'mon MS, Nokia phones aren't for everyone.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Great for Nokia owners....not so for everyone else. Even as a whole WP community we are divided.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I think these Nokia exclusives will stop once the WP8 apps begin rolling in, many devs have already voiced their thoughts and plans for WP8 so they don't need Nokia or any other OEM to force them to make an app for WP.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Great for Nokia owners....not so for everyone else. Even as a whole WP community we are divided.

Its called free enterprise market capitalism. Its just like how some carriers get certain phones and others dont. You cant blame Nokia or Microsoft or ATT etc for their phone selection and apps for a carrioer blame your carrier or OEM for nmot ponying up the money. "Jerryt McGuie" show me the money! The principle is the principal!

NokiaBeast

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what the duration of the exclusivity period is for only Nokia WP owners getting these apps. I'm certain, however, if it wasn't for Nokia pushing for these apps to get developed in the first place, nobody on the OS would get the apps for a lot longer than any Nokia exclusive period. It does suck for HTC and Samsung owners but at least you will get them. Thank Nokia when you do. HTC and Samsung could have done the same thing, but only Nokia put all its efforts into saving the company by aligning fully with MS and providing a special relationship with their customers through exclusive app development. Like the above post said, don't blame Nokia, blame Samsung and HTC.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Its called free enterprise market capitalism. Its just like how some carriers get certain phones and others dont. You cant blame Nokia or Microsoft or ATT etc for their phone selection and apps for a carrioer blame your carrier or OEM for nmot ponying up the money. "Jerryt McGuie" show me the money! The principle is the principal!
this isn't an economics class. Don't try to school folks on what "free market capitalism enterprise" is. Quit trying to show people that you might know a little something! All I'm saying is there is something foul about an OS where a non manufacturer branded app is exclusive. I don't know of many non manufacturer branded apps that are exclusively dealt to X phone owners. I love WP, but that's one of those things that I feel in a minor way deter some outsiders. They might want that exclusive app to make the conversion to WP, but they may not like Nokia because they thought the beta test was over when in fact it's far from over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05