Now You can install Samsung Or HTC Collection's apps on Your Lumia.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
So because Samsung users do this that makes it right, does it?

Where did you see me say it was right? I simply stated that it works the other way too, so don't single out Nokia users. Every person can choose for themselves what they consider right/wrong.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Where did you see me say it was right? I simply stated that it works the other way too, so don't single out Nokia users. Every person can choose for themselves what they consider right/wrong.

The point is that Samsung and HTC users aren't actively bragging about it though, are they?

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
The point is that Samsung and HTC users aren't actively bragging about it though, are they?

Yes, they have. Try looking through the forums. This is hardly the first thread pertaining to this proxy trick. Also, this is not the only way to accomplish installing other manufacturers' apps; just a simpler way.

And, I'd hardly call it bragging. I'd say, sharing. If anything, HTC and Samsung users benefit from this more than Nokia users, since Nokia has a larger base of exclusive apps.

You don't have to convince me, or anyone else, whether it's right/wrong. If it's wrong for you, don't do it. I'm sure others will do what they decide to do.

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, they have. Try looking through the forums. This is hardly the first thread pertaining to this proxy trick. Also, this is not the only way to accomplish installing other manufacturers' apps; just a simpler way.

And, I'd hardly call it bragging. I'd say, sharing. If anything, HTC and Samsung users benefit from this more than Nokia users, since Nokia has a larger base of exclusive apps.

You don't have to convince me, or anyone else, whether it's right/wrong. If it's wrong for you, don't do it. I'm sure others will do what they decide to do.

You can bet that Microsoft are watching the accounts using this "hack", patch the flaw that allows this, remove the apps that you shouldn't have and bans accounts for violating the terms of use.

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
You can bet that Microsoft are watching the accounts using this "hack", patch the flaw that allows this, remove the apps that you shouldn't have and bans accounts for violating the terms of use.

Actually, I wouldn't bet that at all, as I like to win my bets. I hardly think that this is a big issue on their radar at the moment. If the proxy trick quits working, people go back to the fiddler method or someone finds a new way.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I wouldn't bet that at all, as I like to win my bets. I hardly think that this is a big issue on their radar at the moment. If the proxy trick quits working, people go back to the fiddler method or someone finds a new way.

Fine but you'll lose. It also doesn't negate the fact that it's a terms of use violation.

dragonking1

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

This has been around since June 23 and it hasn't been patched yet.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
We'll see. I guess you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it may be.

You GUESS I'm entitled to an opinion, I'm fully entitled to an opinion just like everybody else on this planet. If that's the case then how can an OPINION be wrong?

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
You GUESS I'm entitled to an opinion, I'm fully entitled to an opinion just like everybody else on this planet. If that's the case then how can an OPINION be wrong?

Quite easily. When, down the line a bit, accounts haven't been closed, banned and people are still installing other manufacturers' apps on their differently branded phones, than your opinion, that these things would happen, have been wrong ones.

Where people get this idea that, because you have an opinion, it can't be wrong, is beyond me. Some people were of the opinion that Obama wouldn't win a 2nd term in the U.S. I think that we can safely say, that those opinions were wrong ones.

dragonking1

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Quite easily. When, down the line a bit, accounts haven't been closed, banned and people are still installing other manufacturers' apps on their differently branded phones, than your opinion, that these things would happen, have been wrong ones.

Where people get this idea that, because you have an opinion, it can't be wrong, is beyond me. Some people were of the opinion that Obama wouldn't win a 2nd term in the U.S. I think that we can safely say, that those opinions were wrong ones.

Yes if an opinion states it as a fact it can be wrong. The post said that it's a "fact that it's a terms of use violation" then says later that this was an opinion.

zdentonz

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I've done all the steps and My 'Nokia Collection' remains the same with the Nokia apps. Is anyone else having trouble accessing it through the store? USA region, wifi - added proxy and port number results in nothing.

albertdon

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I've done all the steps and My 'Nokia Collection' remains the same with the Nokia apps. Is anyone else having trouble accessing it through the store? USA region, wifi - added proxy and port number results in nothing.
You may try to install first the "SysApp Pusher" to view nokia, samsung and htc apps.

zdentonz

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
You may try to install first the "SysApp Pusher" to view nokia, samsung and htc apps.

Now I can see them and the apps will let me download after clicking back and forth on the app. Thanks!

Quick Question, while viewing these apps under the sysapp pusher, Samsung has there own 'extra settings' apps like Nokia has. Can I download these on my 920?

mgkeath

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes if an opinion states it as a fact it can be wrong. The post said that it's a "fact that it's a terms of use violation" then says later that this was an opinion.

What? I'm not sure I get your point. An opinion doesn't have to be stated as fact to be wrong. Example: I'm of the opinion, that if I speed on my way to work tomorrow, that I won't get a citation. Now, I may pan out to be correct, but all it takes for me to be wrong, is one cop, at the right place, at the right time. There was certainly nothing factual about my statement, and I didn't present it as factual, yet it can easily be proven to have been a wrong opinion. An opinion, by its nature, is a belief or feeling based in estimation (a lack of proof) and can very often be wrong.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786