Official Lumia 620 Amber Update Thread

LenPats_94

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I am new to WP Central. So Hi everyone. I have a Nokia Lumia 620 and so does my friend. However, he got the Amber update a week ago now and till now, I still haven't received the update. Every time i go to Settings>Phone Update>Check for updates, it'll say that my phone is up to date. Can someone shed light on this dilemma of mine? I want the update!

israr375

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I am new to WP Central. So Hi everyone. I have a Nokia Lumia 620 and so does my friend. However, he got the Amber update a week ago now and till now, I still haven't received the update. Every time i go to Settings>Phone Update>Check for updates, it'll say that my phone is up to date. Can someone shed light on this dilemma of mine? I want the update!

Hi..
Most of the people didn't got the update (Me too didn't got it).. Don't worry.. Nokia care representatives are saying that it will be available based on our RM versions.. You'll get the update soon.. Until then Don't flash your device through NSU or Nokia Care center.. Wait for safer OTA Update..

Aaky

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi Buddy!

I have all the numbers as you have mentioned in above pic since i have updated my phone through Nokia Care. However, my Firmware still shows as 3046.0000.1329.2001. Advise to get 2002 would be great help!

Thanks

sanjay kumar6

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
yes Nokia contact centre is saying that all lumia 620 devices will get the update because update is not firmware specific but I and some other people here think that its depend as .0001 is not getting the update but .0002.
so guys whoever has updated their devices can you please let us know what was your firmware id along with RM and config-id so that we can ask Nokia contact centre some question based on some facts.

iosified

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
So I'm going for it. Suman Ghosh gave me the courage needed to try this. I'm just now starting to read and gathering the software needed. I'll report back with results.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
yes Nokia contact centre is saying that all lumia 620 devices will get the update because update is not firmware specific but I and some other people here think that its depend as .0001 is not getting the update but .0002.
so guys whoever has updated their devices can you please let us know what was your firmware id along with RM and config-id so that we can ask Nokia contact centre some question based on some facts.

Why wait when you can flash the device to 0002 firmware and have Amber OTA update come your way :) . Plus flashing the device means hard resetting the phone, so you'll have a phone thats brand new and without any of the "Other" storage space occupying the phone!

sanjay kumar6

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
broar94, what you are saying is true :smile: .But I don't want to loose all applications plus games progress :grin:
I have Installed the NSU and its showing me to update the FW to .0002 but I am having patience, and waiting till end of month, hoping they will release Amber for .0001 FW too.
BTW I have already done Hard reset my phone when it stuck in Boot loop 2 months back so I am not afraid of flashing.
It seems this is the only option.

iosified

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
So here's what I did. Big thanks to Suman Ghosh for giving me the courage to do this. Omit steps that you've already done. Also, arm yourself with some patience though, this took a bit longer than I thought.

1) Download NSU for Retail(Nokia Software Updater for Retail). This is the software that allows the communication and update process with your phone. I got mine from
http://jkorondy.com/NokiaLumia920/Nokia_Software_Updater_For_Retail_3.0.8.exe
If you got it from somewhere else that is cool too. Make sure it is from Nokia though, or from a trusted site (that you trust).

2) Install it. It takes a little while, a few minutes depending on your machine. If you don't already have all the necessary components it will prompt you to install them, it looks something like this as it begins the install process:

02 Installing.jpg

After it finishes the Install Wizard appears and looks like this:

03 Installing.jpg

3) Once installed you can start it. FYI: If Windows Firewall appears, allow access.

4) It will ask you to plug your device, do so.

04 Plug device.jpg

5) NSU for Retail will see your Lumia (after a few seconds/couple minutes depending

on whether or not you had your phone drivers installed) and afterwards it looks like

this:

NOTE: THIS WILL ERASE EVERYTHING SO IF YOU WANT TO SAVE SOMETHING, BACK UP, ETC.,

NOW IS THE TIME TO DO SO
05 NSU4R screen.jpg

6) Click Update and let go for a couple minutes. It will download the firmware which can be a BIG file, so be patient if your connection is not as fast as your brain wants it to be.
06 dling firmware.jpg

Once the firmware is downloaded it will begin the installation process.

07 installing firmware.jpg

Excuse the language at this point, basically is says:
- Do not use your phone. Do not unplug the cable. Do not turn off your phone. Otherwise your phone might stop working.
- During installation, the phone will reboot and the screen go blank. You can ignore all Windows notifications about USB cable connection.

After this is done a countdown screen appears, it says something about entering a PIN, ignore this.

7) And then it's done.

08 done.jpg

8) Remember if you restore from a previous backup, that while this is happening, it will consume data, at that point you can't connect to a WiFi network, so keep that in mind.

Edit to add more info:

Finally, go to this post and finalize your Nokia and System app updates. And now you are truly done. Enjoy.

Last edited:

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
When the update was announced, we were third in the line( behind 920 n 820). Now, all the others got the update.... Still, Lumia 620 doesn't have it. Customer care executive has only one answer..... Wait.... Wait.... N wait.... I am ready to wait... But, I don't know how many days I have to wait for this promised land.....��

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
When the update was announced, we were third in the line( behind 920 n 820). Now, all the others got the update.... Still, Lumia 620 doesn't have it. Customer care executive has only one answer..... Wait.... Wait.... N wait.... I am ready to wait... But, I don't know how many days I have to wait for this promised land.....😞

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobColline